[News] Gaming, Eye Candy and GNU/Linux No Oxymoron

No Windows? Use Linux, Intel Macs for PC Gaming with CrossOver

,----[ Quote ]
| Sure, Mac gaming is becoming less of an oxymoron these days, but if you want
| to game with a keyboard, Windows is still the way to go. Fortunately,
| Codeweavers' has concocted a solution for those who want the PC gaming
| experience on Mac (and Linux!) without using Boot Camp or partitioning
| drives. Introducing CrossOver Games.
`----

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/23/no-windows-use-linux-intel-macs-for-pc-gaming-with-crossover/
http://tinyurl.com/3tc2mk

Ubuntu - On The Shoulders of Giants

,----[ Quote ]
| The age of the “Uber Geek” is over, and yet it is many of those Geeks that
| have been working hard on the things “under the bonnet” in Ubuntu. So
| suddenly I can install applications at the click of a mouse … no compiling or
| fiddling around. Those video card effects on windows that I’ve been trying to
| get to work for years on Linux are suddenly there by default. I just had to
| update the Nvidia driver and enable because it’s a proprietary driver (not
| open source).
`----

http://djbarney.wordpress.com/2008/05/25/ubuntu-on-the-shoulders-of-giants/

Recent:

FusionCast Episode IV -- Cylinder Cube, etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKJBPCy2l3g

Related:

Linux and Video Game Trends

,----[ Quote ]
| Recent developments in Linux video games shows a stunning improvement in
| support, not only by a better library of games for the operating system, but
| also for games not intended for Linux. Linux may finally gain some publicity
| if the developers continue to improve not just the video games, but also for
| the applications needed by the games.
`----

http://templatekit.com/stuff/2007/07/15/linux-and-video-game-trends/

Does WINE + Linux support more Windows apps than Vista?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://jagtalon.wordpress.com/2007/04/30/does-wine-linux-support-more-apps-than-vista/