[News] KDE Reports from Libre Graphics Meeting, Development Towards 4.1

KDE at the Libre Graphics Meeting 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| Most talks were taped by Kaveh Bazargan, whose successful Kerala-based
| publishing business runs entirely on free software.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1211531334/

KE Commit Digest

,----[ Quote ]
| Rating support, with a NEPOMUK backend in Gwenview. KStars gets a
| conjunctions predictor module. Basic XSLT support and a HTML export GUI in
| Parley. Work on clouds view integration in Marble. Keyboard navigation
| support in KNetWalk. The start of a new dock window layout in Kooka. Work on
| tabbed interface user interaction in Dolphin. A paste text snippets applet in
| Plasma. charselectapplet is deleted, replaced by a Plasma-based equivalent.
| Welcome/info screen stylings extended from the KDE desktop into KDE-PIM
| applications and KInfoCenter. Various work, including improvements to the
| collection and On Screen Display in Amarok 2. Various small features in
| KTorrent. Initial work on a Krita module for "WaterStudio". KBlocks moves
| from kdereview to kdegames. Akonadi server and shared components move to
| kdesupport. "WaterFlow", a library and program to create computational flow
| chart-based diagrams is imported into KDE SVN. KDE 4.1 Alpha 1 and KOffice
| 1.9.95.4 (KOffice 2 Alpha 7) are tagged for release.
`----

http://commit-digest.org/issues/2008-04-27/

Recent:

Movies about KDE 4.1 Alpha

,----[ Quote ]
| Jos Poortvliet present some movies, which show some new features in KDE 4.1,
| especially in Plasma, Kwin, Dolphin, Gweniview and some other applications.
| This movies show imposingly the proceedings of KDE 4.1
`----

http://www.czessi.de/en/weblog/2008/05/movies-about-kde-4-1-alpha

KDE 4 rev 790000: Better stability and performance

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/kde-4-rev-790000-better-stability-and-performance/