[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Mobile Units Out Next Month

A quick note on Ubuntu for netbooks

,----[ Quote ]
| Few details are available yet, but Mark Shuttleworth revealed in an interview
| with the Guardian that a version of Ubuntu customized for the netbook market
| would be released in early June.
`----

http://education.zdnet.com/?p=1694

Random Sampler: Microsoft vs. Google, SugarCRM, Flock gets funded (?!?),
Ubuntu, and more

,----[ Quote ]
| The Guardian spoke with Ubuntu's Mark Shuttleworth about a wide range of
| things, from how he hires to the changing desktop market. On this latter
| point, Mark said, "[P]eople are increasingly defining the desktop as the
| thing that they get access to the internet from. In that case, there's a real
| possibility that we're able to shift people onto different platforms." Like
| Ubuntu, of course.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-9950221-16.html

Recent:

Ubuntu Mobile On My Desktop!

,----[ Quote ]
| Wow!  I followed the instructions on this page, and what do ‘ya know?  I’ve
| got Ubuntu Mobile on my desktop!
`----

http://jonreagan.wordpress.com/2008/05/01/ubuntu-mobile-on-my-desktop/

Related:

French police deal blow to Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| The French paramilitary police force said Wednesday it is ditching Microsoft
| for the free Linux operating system, becoming one of the biggest
| administrations in the world to make the break.
`----

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iU4Lq7tOR_WVOJLZ3IeRaIH03x6w

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

`----