[News] Review of Fedora LiveUSB Creator, Linux-based gPCmini

Fedora 9 tools demystify installation and upgrades

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora project has always offered installation options. The best known of
| these options are the Fedora spins -- roll-your-own install images that
| emphasize a particular desktop or purpose, such as providing the
| distribution's complete repository on DVD. With Fedora 9, the project has
| expanded its traditional emphasis with two new tools: LiveUSB Creator, a
| Windows application for producing live Fedora flash drives, and PreUpgrade, a
| wizard to help existing users move from one release to another. Each in its
| own way helps to clarify part of the process of installing the Fedora
| operating system.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/135697

Review: Everex gPCmini with gOS Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Everex's gPC mini is a small, quiet, powerful $500 computer with a hip
| Linux-based operating system designed for MySpace users and others who
| appreciate the entertainment value of PCs. With a few simple hardware tweaks,
| the gPC is sure to delight fun-loving PC users of all ages.
|
| [...]
|
| So, what else did I try? I tried out World of Warcraft on Wine, and that
| seemed to work, although not being a WoW player, I didn't really have a
| character to try out. But the high-definition introductory video was
| spectacular!
`----

http://desktoplinux.com/articles/AT7294579196.html

Related and recent:

Acid Test For Windows: Fedora Sulphur Is Here

,----[ Quote ]
| The best part with most GNU/Linux distros is you can try them even without
| touching your hard drive. So, you can try Fedora 9 Live CD to have a look at
| the offering; and then you may go on to install it. Now, what's better? A
| lot.
`----

http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/fcreative.asp?edid=26499

Fedora 9 - an OS that even the Linux challenged can love

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05/12/fedora_9/page2.html