Re: ODF - Brussels response to MS Press Release

____/ bbgruff on Thursday 22 May 2008 13:52 : \____

http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=MEMO/08/324&format=HTML&aged=0&language=EN&guiLanguage=en

> (Roy:  I think this is the way that diplomats say what you said,
> like "We'll look into this, but if it's just vapourware, or broken, it
> changes nowt!)

Redmond, 23rd May 2008
Trust!Us!: Microsoft takes note of EC's announcement on pardon

The Convicted Monopolist has taken note of Neelie's announcement on
22nd May concerning supporting fine refunds in 2081.

(bbgruff:  I think this is the way that Tony Soprano says what you said,
like "We'll look into this, but if it's just boiler-room, or broken kneecaps,
we give them a deal they cannot refuse!)

> Also, a little bit in El Reg, titled
> "EC takes own sweet time backing Microsoft ODF move
> Interoperable? We'll be the judge of that":-
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05/22/ec_probes_microsoft_odf_support/

Microsoft is MAD, just as McBride said that "SCO is MAD." The top execs have
left (Ballmer among the few top seniors who stayed) and they juggle compliant
and lock-in.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    No SCO code was used to generate this sig
 18:05:04 up 37 days, 16:17,  4 users,  load average: 2.13, 1.58, 1.65