[News] Why GNU/Linux is Great for Businesses and Desktops

10 Linux Advantages for Your Business

,----[ Quote ]
| For many computer users, the desire to find something more cost effective
| than Windows has been growing from a low growl to a loud roar. Obviously not
| everyone is a great candidate to make the switch to the open source operating
| system. Once you are able to better understand some of the strengths of using
| the Linux desktop, however, you too might find that migrating makes a lot
| sense.
|
| In this article, I will show you some things you can do for your business
| with Linux that you are unable to do with Windows.
`----

http://www.intranetjournal.com/articles/200805/ij_05_21_08a.html

Linux on the desktop? Why not?

,----[ Quote ]
| This is not your father's (or your older brother's) Linux anymore. This is
| consumer-ready, rivaling Windows, but much simpler to get up and running.
| With an interface you’ll feel immediately comfortable with, and all of the
| tools you’ll need to be up and working productively -- and completely free.
| And all without a single cryptic command.
`----

http://www.thestandard.com/news/2008/05/21/linux-desktop-why-not

Yesterday:

The Linux desktop is ready already

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux desktop has been ready for years now. The real question is how long
| people will put up with Windows and assume that's there's not a better way?
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/the_linux_desktop_is_ready_already

Recent:

It's time to retire "ready for the desktop"

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/134808