[News] Revenue of Linux Sales in China Up 22.6%

CCID Consulting: the Sales Revenue of China's Linux Software Market in 2008Q1
is up 22.6% over 2007Q1

,----[ Quote ]
| CCID Consulting, China's leading research, consulting and IT outsourcing
| service provider, and the first Chinese consulting firm listed in Hong Kong
| (HKSE: 8235.HK), announced today that its research shows sales revenue of
| China's Linux software market in 2008Q1 up 22.6% over 2007Q1.
`----

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/05-21-2008/0004818303&EDATE=

Deployments are greater than just sales (it's free software).

Related:

Red Hat sees FY07 greater China sales up 100 pct

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat Inc., a distributor of open-source Linux software, expects its
| sales in the greater China region to double in fiscal 2007 and grow by
| 85 percent in fiscal 2008, an executive said on Tuesday. "Our plan is to
| have 100 percent growth this year, and 85 percent growth next year,"
| Michael Chen, general manager of Red Hat China, told Reuters in an
| interview.
`----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20060926:MTFH04213_2006-09-26_06-26-12_SHA306441&type=comktNews&rpc=44
http://tinyurl.com/rdrsg

Linux gains ground in China

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux has been riding on a wave in China, topping the growth of all operating
| systems in the first quarter of 2007, says an industry analyst.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/insight/specialreports/0,39044853,62028679,00.htm

Red Hat VP Michael Chen: Building a Strategy for China

,----[ Quote ]
| The soft-spoken Chen, 36, was recently promoted to Red Hat's vice president
| for corporate marketing. He returned to Raleigh, where he also received a
| master's degree from N.C. State University. Chen talked about the transition
| last week. An edited transcript follows.

China's Linux desktop market booms

,----[ Quote ]
| The Chinese government's antipiracy movement has had an effect. After the
| central government published two regulations last year to force its
| departments and local governments to stop using pirated software, the
| government has increased its spending on low-cost Linux desktop software.
| Last year, the antipiracy movement focused mainly on senior province and city
| governments, but this year it filtered into the junior village and town
| governments as well -- areas that previously relied on pirated software.
| Currently, the government is responsible for purchasing accounts for more
| than one quarter of China's Linux desktop software market, and the homegrown
| Red Flag Linux leads the government market.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/122473

Red Hat sees greater China rev up 50 pct in FY09

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idCNTSHA13707720080130?rpc=44