[News] Firefox 3.0 (RC1) Reviews, Advantages

Mozilla Launches Firefox 3.0 RC1, and It's Great

,----[ Quote ]
| I've used Firefox 3.0 since the beta 4 release, and it's really like using an
| entirely fresh, revamped browser. (If you don't believe me, read Michael
| Muchmore's review of Firefox 3.0 beta 4.) It just snaps -- pages render
| noticeably faster using the Gecko 1.9 renderer, which improves the experience
| tremendously.
`----

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,2307343,00.asp?kc=ETRSS02129TX1K0000532

Five Extensions You Won't Need with Firefox 3

,----[ Quote ]
| Now that Mozilla's locked down Firefox 3's feature set, it's clear the new
| browser iteration will render some extensions obsolete. Firefox 3 will
| include functionality out-of-the-box that you could only get with add-ons
| before. Let's take a look at five extensions you might not need when you
| switch to Firefox 3.
`----

http://lifehacker.com/392128/five-extensions-you-wont-need-with-firefox-3

Firefox developers tinker with new security protections (finally)

,----[ Quote ]
| Developers of the Firefox browser are designing new technologies aimed at
| protecting users from some of the nastiest and most prevalent forms of
| website attacks.
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/05/20/new_firefox_security_protections/

about:mozilla - New contest, Support Firefox day, Firefox 3, AMO, LiMo,
Shredder, and more

http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2008/05/20/aboutmozilla-new-contest-support-firefox-day-firefox-3-amo-limo-shredder-and-more/
http://tinyurl.com/5f6yzb

Recent:

Firefox 3 RC 1 full review

,----[ Quote ]
| A year and a half after the last major Firefox release, Firefox 3 Release
| Candidate 1 is here with  a very long list of new features and improvements.
|
| [...]
|
| It also seems, Yahoo! was the only web mail service to provide the necessary
| interfaces to use it as mailto: protocol handler. Gmail and Live will
| certainly be missed but they should be easy to add as they become available.
|
| At this stage it also expected that most extension developers will get back
| to work to make their pieces compatible with Firefox 3. The ongoing Extend
| Firefox 3 contest (now with a music category) provides additional motivation.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/05/firefox-3-rc-1-full-review/

Firefox 3 First Look

,----[ Quote ]
| All-in-all, Firefox 3 is more than good enough to keep me as a user. Better
| still, from Mozilla's viewpoint, its good enough that it should pull in
| another wave of new users. It's not just a major step up from Firefox 2; it's
| a leap forward from the other new browsers such as the forthcoming Internet
| Explorer 8.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/firefox_3_first_look

Firefox 3 RC 1: A Guided Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| It is still pre-release software, but the speed and several of the new
| features are truly welcome additions to almost everybody's favorite open
| source browser. Here's a tour of what's under the hood.
`----

http://ostatic.com/162291-blog/firefox-3-rc-1-a-guided-tour

CyberNotes: Top 10 Firefox Extensions to Impress Your Friends

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox extensions are often lauded for the additional features and
| functionality that they bring to the browser. Some of them can save you crazy
| amounts of time, while others are more about beautifying Firefox. Here at
| CyberNet we typically try to focus on those extensions that can make you more
| productive, but today we’re going to flaunt what the developers have given
| us. That’s right, it’s time to tell your friends that your browser is better
| than theirs.
`----

http://cybernetnews.com/2008/05/14/cybernotes-top-10-firefox-extensions-to-impress-your-friends/

Firefox 3: Site Identification button