[News] [Rival] Microsoft Domain Manager Fraud Revisited

Ex-Microsoft domain buyer's sentencing in June

,----[ Quote ]
| Here's another quick scheduling note for people following the case of Carolyn
| Gudmundson, the former Microsoft domain manager who pleaded guilty to mail
| fraud after being charged with stealing money from the company.
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/139309.asp?source=rss

Also new:

Amazon Accused of Anti-Trust Violations "Tied" to Print-On-Demand Terms

,----[ Quote ]
| Amazon's March announcement that POD publishers would be required to use
| Amazon's own POD service BookSurge in order to sell books directly on
| Amazon's site predictably rubbed quite a few folks the wrong way.
`----

http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2008/05/amazon-accused-of-antitrust-violations-in-class-action-lawsuit.html

Recent:

200 Million Pages Can't Be Wrong: Intel Sabotaged AMD's Business

,----[ Quote ]
| The legal action filed by AMD against Intel in 2006 got new evidence to
| support AMD's allegations claiming that it had been sabotaged by its
| arch-rival on the processor market. According to the latest information
| emerging from the trial, AMD gathered 200 million pages of documents that say
| Intel paid its partners to ditch AMD.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/200-Million-Pages-Can-039-t-Be-Wrong-Intel-Sabotaged-AMD-039-s-Business-84971.shtml

Related:

Ecuador Tax Agency Closes Microsoft Branch Offices For 7 Days

,----[ Quote ]
| "We have twice requested balances, payment reports and complete tax
| information, but the company hasn't given it to us, so in accordance with our
| laws we have proceeded with the closure," the SRI official in charge of the
| proceeding said.
`----

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200710041610DOWJONESDJONLINE000810_FORTUNE5.htm

Microsoft Office raid in Hungary

,----[ Quote ]
| "Such behavior could lead to the exclusion of competitive products from
| the market and violate European Union rules, according to the authority
| known as the GVH."
`----

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/07/26/ap3957835.html

Insider Trading Hasn't Affect Microsoft Stock - Yet

,----[ Quote ]
| Insider trading is a very serious violation of the law; just
| ask Martha Stewart, who served five months in prison for
| avoiding losses of $43,000 through trades that just had suspicious
| timing (no insider trading was actually proven). This is $6.3
| million that went straight into Robbie Bach's pocket.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070713/40947_id.html?.v=1

Evidence of Microsoft Influencing OOXML Votes in Nordic States

,----[ Quote ]
| "This is how a standard is bought," Bosson wrote later. "I left the meeting
| in protest - pissed off."
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/Evidence_of_Microsoft_Influencing_OOXML_Votes_in_Nordic_States/1188335569

Corrupt countries were more likely to support the OOXML document format

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.effi.org/blog/kai-2007-09-05.en.html

,----[ Quote ]