[News] Google's Linux-based Phone Already Has Hundreds of Applications

Google's Underdog Eyes iPhone's Lead in Apps

,----[ Quote ]
| While Apple's iPhone App Store has clearly emerged as the Big Man on Campus
| when it comes to mobile downloads, the Android Market -- the download center
| for the Google-backed smartphone operating system -- is shaping up like an
| awkward, underweight freshman.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/mobility/article.php/3787711/Googles+Underdog+Eyes+iPhones+Lead+in+Apps.htm

Recent:

Google Launches Android Market

,----[ Quote ]
| Several points separate Android--and Apple's App Store--from the previous
| attempts at mobile applications. By having a central repository for
| applications, consumers can more easily locate apps they seek. And with 3G
| mobile broadband and operating systems that actively support over-the-air
| installations, consumers can add apps anytime, from anywhere. In contrast,
| Palm, for example, rarely allowed apps to be installed directly; instead,
| users had to sync their device with a desktop.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/152613/google_android_ships.html?tk=rss_news

Coders get 70 percent of Android Market revenue

,----[ Quote ]
| Google officially opened its Android Market Wednesday and promised that
| beginning next year, programmers will get the lion's share of revenue from
| applications sold on the download site for the company's mobile phone
| operating system.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10072682-94.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Related:

First look: latest Google Android SDK a big improvement

,----[ Quote ]
| I tested several of the applications that come with the SDK, including the
| mapping program, the contact book, and the web browser. I also tested the
| experimental Google Talk chat integration feature. I was able to connect to
| Google Talk and receive messages, which are displayed as items on the
| notification panel. The performance and usability of the bundled applications
| is pretty decent.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080217-first-look-latest-google-android-sdk-a-big-improvement.html

Google updates Android software development kit

,----[ Quote ]
| Google released an update to the SDK (software development kit) for Android,
| its mobile-phone operating system.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/021308-google-updates-android-software-development.html

Google releases Android SDK

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has released an SDK (software development kit) that programmers can
| use to create cell-phone applications for the company’s Android mobile
| platform.
`----

http://www.macworld.com/article/61005/2007/11/androidsdk.html

A developer's perspective on Google's Android SDK

,----[ Quote ]
| This in-depth, hands-on article introduces Android, Google's Linux/Java
| mobile phone SDK (software development kit). After a tour of Android's tools,
| documentation, and code samples, it suggests a path for further exploration
| and concludes with a simple applet showing the power and simplicity of the
| Android environment.

Android SDK in the fly

,----[ Quote ]
| The open source community called Vafeo, once more surprises bringing now not
| only a full Operational System but one Linux Distro (Vd_android), with
| Android SDK built in. In many cases people get bother to mess with the OS
| hardDrive in this case, don’t. Because you’re completely able to run it from
| your CD, not requiring installation. If you prefer install, you’re free to
| choose, just choose where, in second partition, replacing your OS, or also
| install in your pen drive.
`----

http://www.gphonemodules.com/2008/01/18/anadroid-sdk-in-the-fly/

Google Android gets positive early reviews

,----[ Quote ]
| While Google's Android announcement generated a lot of hype, developers had
| to wait a week to see whether the company had actually developed a good
| platform.
`----

http://www.techworld.com/mobility/features/index.cfm?featureid=3845&pagtype=samechan

Emulate Google’s Android Mobile Stack in Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| To try out the Android emulator, download and unzip the Linux SDK package.
| The emulator executable is located in the tools subdirectory.
`----

http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2007/11/13/emulate-googles-android-mobile-stack-in-linux/

Android opens door to IC open source

,----[ Quote ]