Re: Terrys Linux vs Windows visitors statistics

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 00:00:05 -0500, Sandeep Kumar wrote:

<snip>
>  Consider this: Vista is a year old and is already batting 20 percent
> according to most web stats.

Consider this, XP is 7 years old and according to my records only doing
twice as well as Linux, which is doing better than Vista.

Even Microsoft would love XP to go away, lol.

<snip>
> As for Microsoft's demise as you call it, it will come when Microsoft
> releases a product tat nobody wants and they will find and use an
> alternative product.
>
> Consider Windows ME, Windows Vista.....Linux is out there and free. So
> why is it still siting at less than 1 percent of desktop market share?
>
> Why?

You keep saying 1% of the desktop share, but I see it at 20.5%. Do you
have a web-server, if so what are your stats ?

In any event, the desktop is only *one* area. Linux owns the embedded
market these days, and that means netbooks, phones, routers, wifi
and even motherboards etc.

This is a market Microsoft would love to own, but it's beyond their reach.

<snip>
>> Windows ... how many tomorrows do you think we have left "

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008