[News] Review of Vector Linux 6 Beta

Vector Linux 6 Beta And The Sticky Gui

,----[ Quote ]
| I AM on record as being a big fan of Vector Linux, the Slackware derivative
| distribution with a worthy reputation for speed on older systems and great
| multimedia performance.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2008/11/vector-linux-6-beta-and-sticky-gui.html

Recent:

Vector Linux SOHO Is Free Again

,----[ Quote ]
| After stripping away the marketing hype the net result is that SOHO is once
| again free. While I don't doubt the sentiments Mr. Lange expressed above I
| also have to wonder if there was some push back from the community when SOHO,
| which was free for download when version 5.8 was current, was moved to a
| paid-only status. The newly free version won't include the second CD with the
| Multimedia Bonus Disc and SOHO Extras, and based on the announcement the
| first disc isn't quite the same either. The Vector Linux folks still had to
| have some added value for paying customers and that certainly is
| understandable. Users who bought SOHO Deluxe 5.9 will also receive an upgrade
| to 5.9.1 at no cost.
`----

http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2008/09/vector-linux-soho-is-free-agai.html

Recent:

Vector Linux Partners With SQI To Provide Support

,----[ Quote ]
| Vector Linux, the decade old Canadian Linux distribution based on Slackware,
| has partnered with SQI Incorporated of Reno, Nevada to provide support
| infrastructure, both for the commercial support Vector Linux began offering
| earlier this year and for the wider community. SQI is providing and hosting
| their Incident Manager software, a ticketing system specifically for paid
| support customers, as well as a knowledge base available to all Vector Linux
| users. In addition to providing the software for the knowledge base they are
| assisting with content creation. The new Vector Linux website which was
| unveiled in July is also hosted by SQI in what SQI President Jeff Elpern
| describes as a "world-class data center environment."
`----

http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2008/09/vector-linux-partners-with-sqi.html

Happy Birthday Vector Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I can recall talking about this in March and here we are. Vector Linux is 10
| years old one full decade of excellence in computing technology.
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10803.html

Vector Linux SOHO 5.9 Deluxe -- Not Just For The Office

,----[ Quote ]
| Despite the SOHO (Small Office, Home Office) name Vector Linux SOHO is
| clearly aimed at the home user as well with a large variety of multimedia
| applications and games on the second disc.
|
| Vector Linux 5.9 SOHO isn't free as in free of cost but the price is modest
| and there are no restrictions on use. It is probably worth the price of
| admission for those who know and like Vector Linux already and for anyone who
| is looking for a Linux distribution that is optimized for performance and who
| doesn't mind an occasional foray to the command line. Despite the caveats
| I've raised Vector Linux remains one of my favorite distributions for the
| desktop. SOHO is the flavor of Vector Linux that has the most to offer in
| terms of ready to go software for those who like KDE for their desktop
| environment.
`----

http://news.oreilly.com/2008/07/vector-linux-soho-59-deluxe-no-1.html

VectorLinux 5.9 SOHO Deluxe Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| The VectorLinux team is pleased to announce the availability of the latest
| SOHO Edition to our CD store. This is a wonderful chance to support Vector
| and get a rock solid, full featured productive Linux Desktop.  Our careful
| customization of KDE gives  the desktop the exceptional speed of VectorLinux
| and a unique look and feel. An extraordinary set of tools is provided out of
| the box, and the SOHO optimized Multimedia Bonus Disk is included.
`----

http://vector2.ecosq.com/products/vector-linux-5.9-soho-deluxe-edition

VectorLinux SOHO 5.9 Preview LiveCD Launched

,----[ Quote ]
| The VectorLinux team launched a LiveCD version of the DELUXE SOHO edition for
| their distribution. The VectorLinux SOHO 5.9 Preview LiveCD is offered for
| free so everyone can try the product – VectorLinux DELUXE SOHO – before
| buying it. The developers want to make sure that the upcoming DELUXE SOHO
| edition works on everyone's hardware.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/VectorLinux-SOHO-5-9-Preview-LiveCD-Launched-82791.shtml

VectorLinux 5.9 - Will It Be Pandemic?

,----[ Quote ]
| With seven stable releases  of VectorLinux Standard Gold edition  under their
| belts, the developers  of VectorLinux  have released the  much-awaited
| VectorLinux 5.9 Standard Gold edition on the 21st of December 2007 to the joy
| of many Vectorians.
|
| [...]
|
| Overall, VectorLinux 5.9 Standard Gold is a very functional release. It looks
| a lot better than the previous version. I did not encounter any major
| glitches during the testing. It was a delightful experience seeing the faster
| boot time of VectorLinux 5.9, as compared to  VectorLinux 5.8. The softwares
| seem snappier and more stable than the ones in version 5.8 too!
`----

http://www.linuxseekers.com/content/view/224/1/

VectorLinux-5.9 standard final GOLD is under the tree!

,----[ Quote ]
| The VectorLinux development team is proud to announce the release of
| VectorLinux 5.9 final GOLD edition.
`----

http://vectorlinux.com/article.php?sid=40

VectorLinux: new site, new SOHO Deluxe release!

http://beranger.org/index.php?page=diary&2008/06/13/12/20/18-vectorlinux-new-site-new-soho-de