[News] Review of the New Picasa for GNU/Linux

Picasa 3: Great Linux photo software

,----[ Quote ]
| I have a confession to make. There's no software on earth I can't make dance
| and sing... except for photography programs. Whether it's Adobe Photoshop CS4
| on a Mac or GIMP 2.6.3 on Linux, I'm a klutz. So, when I need to make my
| holiday photos look halfway decent, I try my best with easy to use photo
| programs like Photoshop Elements 7 or Google Picasa. While I'd like to see
| more Adobe programs, on Linux with Google's new release of Picasa 3 for Linux
| now here, I'm in no hurry to see Photoshop Elements on Linux.
|
| [...]
|
| This really is a great program. Frankly, I would have paid good money for it.
| Picasa is simply the best, easy-to-use, simple photo editing program around.
| The fact that this free program runs on Linux is just the cherry on top of
| the sundae.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/picasa_3_great_linux_photo_software

Recent:

Google's Picasa for Linux catches up to Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has brought to Linux the beta version of its new Picasa 3 software for
| image editing, cataloging, and uploading.
|
| The new release catches the open-source operating system up with Windows,
| which got the Picasa 3 beta one month earlier. There's still no word about a
| Mac OS X version, although Mike Horowitz, Google's Picasa product manager,
| told me earlier that "Macs are important to us...We're always looking for new
| ways of making sure our users are happy, so it's something we're looking at."
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13580_3-10057452-39.html

Picasa 3 (beta) for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The most important features from our Windows release are all present in this
| beta of Picasa 3 for Linux: Along with faster performance, Picasa 3 for Linux
| introduces new features like automatic web sync, a greatly-improved collage
| tool, a powerful retouching tool, and an intuitive text tool that's both fun
| and useful. A full list of changes can be viewed here.
`----

http://googlephotos.blogspot.com/2008/10/picasa-3-beta-for-linux.html

Google releases Picasa 2.7 for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has released Picasa version 2.7 for Linux, which promises many of the
| same improvements of the PC version, including (drum roll, please) uploading
| and downloading from Picasa Web Albums.
`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/04/17/google-releases-picasa-2-7-for-linux/

Related: