[News] [Rival] Microsoft DirectX Creator Hates Vista with Passion

Never posted in COLA, so now's the time...

‘Vista blows’ says DirectX creator

,----[ Quote ]
| Alex St John, one of the three engineers who developed DirectX, says he now
| wants to ‘slap’ Microsoft
`----

http://www.custompc.co.uk/news/602286/vista-blows-says-directx-creator.html

Recent:

Why I'm Skipping Windows Vista: IT Speaks Out

,----[ Quote ]
| Also, Vista sales have fallen short of expectations lately: For the fiscal
| first quarter of 2009, Microsoft's Windows client division revenue increased
| a mere 2 percent in year-over-year growth, while operating income dropped by
| 4 percent.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/153295/skipping_windows_vista.html?tk=rss_news

Microsoft Tries Desperately to Turn the Page on Vista at PDC

,----[ Quote ]
| It's clear that Microsoft has thrown in the towel on the woeful Vista. Maybe
| that's why Microsoft's love fest, aka the Professional Developers Conference
| (PDC) last week in Los Angeles, provided a 24/7 forum to discuss a future
| without Vista, but like a political convention (which it resembled), it's
| time to sweep up the confetti and take a clear-eyed look at what we
| witnessed.

Microsoft Is Giving Up on Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| It's true: Microsoft has confirmed that it's abandoning Windows as we know
| it. Cagey as ever, the Microsofties won't say when it'll happen, but they
| have talked a little bit about what the next OS is going to look like--or not
| look like.
|
| [...]
|
| Midori for Linux?
|
| One of my smarter-than-me buddies, Gary F., told me that Linus Torvalds
| worked on something called Midori a few years ago, an embedded Linux for
| mobile devices: "I doubt Microsoft would ever release something that could be
| traced back to Linux, but if I recall correctly, Transmeta's Midori had some
| rudimentary 'cloud computing' features vaguely similar to Microsoft's
| Midori." Read "Details emerge on Transmeta's "Mobile Linux" and "Transmeta
| Exports Midori Linux to China" for details.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/149709/microsoft_is_giving_up_on_windows.html

Windows 7: Oops! Microsoft did it again!

,----[ Summary ]
| My initial evaluation of Windows 7 shows that it's really just Vista with a
| fresh coat of paint
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterprisedesktop/archives/2008/10/windows_7_oops.html

Windows 7: R.I.P.