[News] H-P Nervous About Its Free Software Competition

HP’s Headache: GroundWork Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| Whether it’s HP OpenView, Operations Manager or Network Node Manager, the
| company is under attack from simpler, lower-cost solutions.
|
| [...]
|
| Still, HP needs a clearer, far stronger response to open source and managed
| services platforms. Instead of complaining about GroundWork publishing HP
| price lists, HP should solve its pricing problem.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2008/11/25/hps-headache-groundwork-open-source/

HP tries to hide its pricing from customers and open-source competitors

,----[ Quote ]
| Is HP afraid of transparency? Presumably it can justify those high prices, so
| why is it worried? Here's the letter in its entirety. You be the judge.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10107677-16.html?tag=mncol;title

Recent:

Irate e-mails reveal HP, Microsoft strife

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.techflash.com/microsoft/HP_Microsoft_e-mails_reveal_more_Vista_fallout34518079.html