[News] Profile of the Man Behind Free (Libre) VoIP Software

Open source identity: Asterisk founder and Digium CEO Mark Spencer

,----[ Quote ]
| Imagine an IP voice and unified communications system that can be integrated
| into any application and customised to meet business needs. Sounds great,
| right? Well that project is the Asterisk IP-PBX and it's free to use and you
| get the source code. A far cry from proprietary PBX systems perhaps, but
| Asterisk has a vibrant ecosystem and is replacing systems from more
| established telephony vendors.
`----

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/268874/open_source_identity_asterisk_founder_digium_ceo_mark_spencer

snom Teams with Sangoma to Accelerate Delivery of Open Source VoIP

,----[ Quote ]
| With the technology partnership, enterprises with legacy PBX platforms can
| realize the benefits of IP telephony by utilizing Sangoma's open source VoIP
| components with snom handsets.
`----

http://www.voipmonitor.net/2008/11/25/snom+Teams+With+Sangoma+To+Accelerate+Delivery+Of+Open+Source+VoIP.aspx

Recent:

The Impact of Open Source VoIP

,----[ Quote ]
| The second part of the story of the impact of Open Source VoIP to the whole
| telecom market is made of softphones and stacks. Ekiga (formerly known as
| GnomeMeeting), Linphone or PhoneGaim, just to name some, have been a great
| source of knowledge for new entrant developers in this field and a great way
| for providers to offer a cheap way to make phone calls from your PC.
`----

http://www.lucafiligheddu.com/2008/07/the-impact-of-open-source-voip.html

Related:

Asterisk is More Than Just a Phone System

,----[ Quote ]
| Personally, I can think of about 25 things (don’t worry I am not competing)
| that I have heard people do with Asterisk and as the visibility and viability
| of open source communications continues to grow, more and more applications
| and uses are coming out each and every day. In a effort to have a little fun
| and to catalog the many uses and applications of Asterisk, VoIP Supply has
| partnered with Digium, the creators of Asterisk, to run a contest here on the
| VoIP Insider to find 101 things you can do with Asterisk.
`----

http://blog.voipsupply.com/asterisk-news/101-things-you-can-do-with-asterisk

Linux dominating VoIP devices?

,----[ Quote ]