[News] Ubuntu Developer Interview: Dustin Kirkland

Interview with Dustin Kirkland: Ubuntu Server Developer

,----[ Quote ]
| For the first installment in my Ubuntu Developer Interview series, we have
| Dustin Kirkland, a member of the Ubuntu Server team. As you will see, in each
| of the interviews, I have some questions that are tailored specifically for
| each developer, as well as some general interest questions. I hope you enjoy
| these interviews as much as I have.
`----

http://jaysonrowe.wordpress.com/2008/11/25/interview-with-dustin-kirkland-ubuntu-server-developer/

Recent:

Canonical Offering Sponsorships to Ubuntu Developer Summit

,----[ Quote ]
| Anxious to go to the Ubuntu Developer Summit in Mountain View, CA this
| December but lack the funds to get there? Canonical is accepting requests for
| sponsorship and a lucky few will receive travel, entrance, and accommodations
| at no cost. It's not a free ride, though. Event organizers will definitely
| put the winners to work.
|
| Ubuntu Community Manager Jono Bacon says, "This time around we expect
| everyone we sponsor to lead at least one discussion around a topic that
| relates to one of the above topics - this means that you will schedule at
| least one session, lead the discussion and make notes about the outcome of
| the discussion. For sessions you are not leading, we still expect you to
| participate through the week and join in the discussions....We will also
| expect you to make the notes available at the end of the week so we can
| provide UDS proceedings for the wider community."
`----

http://ostatic.com/173194-blog/canonical-offering-sponsorships-to-ubuntu-developer-summit
http://tinyurl.com/6mr4w6

Second Ubuntu Developer Week!

,----[ Quote ]
| ‘The Ubuntu Developer Week is designed to give you an overview of what’s
| going on in the Ubuntu Developer world. Speak to the developers, learn, ask
| questions and finally realise “It’s true, I can make a difference by
| helping out here.”
`----

http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/1629

Related:

Ubuntu Brainstorm Site Takes the Community Pulse

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu has launched a new community feedback site, dubbed Brainstorm, where
| users can post ideas and suggest improvements they'd like to see in the
| popular Linux distribution. You can also comment and vote on other people's
| suggestions and ideas for improving Ubuntu.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2008/02/ubuntu-brainsto.html

MPAA Forced To Take Down University Toolkit

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu developer Matthew Garrett has succeeded in getting the MPAA to remove
| their 'University Toolkit' after claims it violated the GNU GPL. After
| several unsuccessful attempts to contact the MPAA directly, Garrett
| eventually emailed the group's ISP and the violating software was taken down.
`----

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/12/04/015229&from=rss

Ubuntu Developer Summit lays out vision for strong Hardy Heron release

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071101-ubuntu-developer-summit-lays-out-vision-for-strong-hardy-heron-release.html

`----