[News] Mandriva 2009 InstallFest Report, Positive Experiences

Worldwide Mandriva 2009 Install Fest

,----[ Quote ]
| With an announcement on the official Mandriva blog, I made a quick move to
| get ilughyd and mukt.in registered as one among those to celebrate the
| launch.
|
| [...]
|
| People just loved the Mandriva interface and went eye-popping over KDE
| widgets in combination with CompizFusion.
`----

http://srikrishnadas.wordpress.com/2008/11/24/worldwide-mandriva-2009-install-fest/

Mandriva :-)

,----[ Quote ]
| Yeaterday I met a guy browsing the Linux magazines in easons. We started
| talking about Linux and he highly recomended Mandriva. I had been using
| Fedora for a month at that stage and to be honest I didn’t think that much of
| it. The man managed to convince me to buy the Linux Format magazine which
| included a live version of Mandriva.
`----

http://macaoidh.name/index.php/archives/2008/11/mandriva/

Recent:

Worldwide 2009 Mandriva Linux Installfest

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva rallies the community of Linux users in many cities across the globe
| on November 22nd, November 2008.
|
| In order to bring Linux to new users and present the new features and
| technologies available in Mandriva Linux 2009, Mandriva is mobilizing its
| network of Linux User Groups (LUGs) to coordinate a worldwide Installfest on
| November 22nd, November 2008.
`----

http://www.mandriva.com/enterprise/en/company/press/worldwide-2009-mandriva-linux-installfest

Mandriva 2009 on the Asus EeeBox

,----[ Quote ]
| Every major distribution generates a lot of hype at launch, and the new
| Mandriva 2009 did not depart from the rule.
|
| After completing the installation, I have used the new system for a few days
| and would like to share my first impressions.
`----

http://www.eeextra.com/linux/mandriva-2009-on-the-asus-eeebox.html

Related:

Mandriva Linux Community Newsletter #129

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the strengths of Mandriva has long been its popularity and strong
| community base all around the world, in areas not always considered by the
| mainstream Linux press. Continuing this fine tradition, June 14th saw a
| Mandriva installfest and conference in Nicaragua, arranged by the Nicaraguan
| Mandriva user community. The event was well-attended, and even had press
| coverage in a popular Nicaraguan newspaper (link in Spanish). Many people
| brought their systems to have Mandriva Linux installed, and many copies of
| Mandriva Linux Free and One were distributed to those who couldn't bring
| their systems to the event.
`----

http://club.mandriva.com/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Newsletter129?language=en

Nicaragua is using mandriva!!

,----[ Quote ]
| We would like to have support from our friends around the world.
| Thank you, it would be good if you visit us, help us with new material and
| tell latin users that we have a portal in Nicaragua.
`----

http://forum.mandriva.com/viewtopic.php?t=87565

ITAN partners Mandriva Linux, Omatek, Zinox, Brian, Beta on OSPC

,----[ Quote ]
| At the just concluded 22nd National Conference and 30th Anniversary of the
| Nigeria Computer Society (NCS), the Information Technology (Industry)
| Association of Nigeria (ITAN), a major interest group in the Society
| announced its partnership with Mandriva West Africa for Mandriva Linux (ML)
| an Open Source Operating and Application software on all the PCs, laptops,
| notebooks and thumbdrives for its Old Students’ Computer In School Initiative
| (OS_CISI) now branded “OSPC” ie Old Students’ Personal Computer.
`----

http://www.vanguardngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11420&Itemid=0

Nigeria: Unilag, Mandriva Linus in ICT Partnership

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://allafrica.com/stories/200805220538.html