[News] Interview with Former Fedora Leader, Current One Excited About F10

Defending the flame of Linux freedom

,----[ Quote ]
| Max Spevack: More or less my entire job is Red Hat community management, and
| Fedora is the shining example of Red Hat's community work. Part of my job
| also is to make sure that Red Hat participates in non-Fedora communities, so
| I spend like 75–80% of my time on Fedora and the other 20% of my time on more
| general community business.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/defending-the-flame-of-linux-freedom-483915

The best laid plans, No. 73.

,----[ Quote ]
| I was going to spend some time tonight writing a big warm and fuzzy blog post
| about looking forward to Fedora 10 and all the good times ahead. That would
| have been awesome.
|
| [...]
|
| I think the worst part is that I’ve spent 9 months building up a nice,
| healthy covering of beautiful, colorful free software boosterism on my
| laptop’s lid, and I’ll have to kiss it all goodbye. Maybe the folks at Dell
| will get a kick out of it and give the lid a good home on one of their
| machines… Or maybe they’ll make a “mistake” and send the lid on a unit going
| to Redmond.
`----

http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=1287

Days ago:

Red Hat Fedora Claims It's the Leader in Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat's Fedora community Linux distribution has now tallied its user base,
| and it's a number that on the surface would make it the largest installed
| base of any Linux distribution, with at least 9.5 million users and possibly
| as many as 10.5 million.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3786726/Red+Hat+Fedora+Claims+Its+the+Leader+in+Linux.htm

Fedora 11 Release Schedule, Along With Five Features

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 10 isn't even being released until next week, but five features have
| already been approved for Fedora 11 and a release schedule has been put in
| motion. FESCo, or the Fedora Engineering Steering Committee, convened
| yesterday and approved the Fedora 11 release schedule (though it's likely to
| change as with all past releases) and approved five of the proposed Fedora
| features.
|
| The five features that are marked to be introduced in Fedora 11 include
| DeviceKit integration, improved volume controls, Windows cross-compiler
| support, Presto plug-in integration, and simple support for setting up a
| multi-seat system.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njg2OQ

Fedora 10 (Cambridge) coming soon - and a release party to boot!

,----[ Quote ]
| And I am already running Fedora 10.  It’s stable, powerful and most of all,
| built from free software!  Also, I’m in charge of creating the Media for
| North America this release.  We’ve already pre-purchased x86 live media and
| plan to produce similar amounts of x86_64 live CDs as well as both x86 and
| x86_64 install DVDs.  It’s exciting because they should be to my house by
| early to mid-December!  Distribution plans are commencing as well, so keep
| your ear to the ground.
`----

http://sexysexypenguins.com/2008/11/21/fedora-10-cambridge-coming-soon-and-a-release-party-to-boot/

Upcoming Fedora 10 Release Has Style and Substance

,----[ Quote ]
| These are good times for Linux users. Ubuntu's 8.10 release recently went
| live, Fedora's 10 release is coming up in mere weeks, and openSUSE will
| finalize its 11.1 offering in December. Even if none of these distributions
| are your first choice for daily use, they are popular and are frequently
| worth checking out on liveCD, even if you plan to continue using your current
| distribution.
`----

http://ostatic.com/176574-blog/upcoming-fedora-10-release-has-style-and-substance

Fedora 10 Prepares For Development Freeze

,----[ Quote ]
| The release date for Fedora 10 (codenamed Cambridge) is less than one month
| away and as a result this Red Hat distribution will go into a development
| freeze beginning Tuesday. The Fedora 10 Beta occurred in late September, but
| over the course of the past month there have been three snapshot releases. In
| the third and final snapshot that was released this past week there are new
| improvements to this popular Linux distribution along with a new desktop
| background and better integrated version of Plymouth to greet its users. We
| have also recorded a new video showing the enhanced start-up process via
| kernel-based mode-setting.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=fedora_10_freeze&num=1

Related:

23,000 Linux PCs forge education revolution in Philippines

,----[ Quote ]
| Providing high school students with PCs is seen as a first step to preparing
| them for a technology-literate future, but in the Philippines many schools
| cannot afford to provide computing facilities so after a successful
| deployment of 13,000 Fedora Linux systems from a government grant, plans are
| underway to roll out another 10,000 based on Ubuntu.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1163450117

Khadi Board visits the GNU/Linux installfest at Technopark today ..

,----[ Quote ]
| We at the installfest were
| lucky enough to have that heady feeling that accompanies a picture of
| FOSS working its magic and people benefitting from it. Today we had a visit
| from Khadi board.
|
| Khadi board has been using Fedora and Ubuntu to run their office for quiet
| sometime now.
`----

http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm/browse_thread/thread/1e4119a1b175383d

Omega 10 Desktop Linux