[News] New Portable Computer Runs GNU/Linux

ClarionMiND MID on sale in the US for $649.99

,----[ Quote ]
| Available in black, red or white hues, the MID boasts a 4.8-inch WVGA (800 x
| 480) touchscreen, preloaded maps of the entire US and Canada, built-in
| RealPlayer, Linux OS, an Intel Atom CPU, 512MB of RAM, a 4GB SSD, Firefox
| browser, Bluetooth 2.0 / WiFi, a microSD card slot, 2 USB ports and a battery
| good for around 1.5-hours of usage. Pop one under the tree for that someone
| special in your life for just $649.99. Or get them a full-fledged netbook for
| less, your call.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/23/clarionmind-mid-on-sale-in-the-us-for-649-99/

Recent:

Otellini: 'MID revolution will be centred round Linux'

,----[ Quote ]
| Intel CEO says Microsoft's insistence on pushing Vista will hand market to
| open source rival
|
| Intel's CEO has said that he sees the revolution that is about to happen
| around mobile internet devices (MID) such as the Eee PC and other Atom-based
| sub-notebooks will be "centred round Linux", in an interview with Associated
| Press.
`----

http://www.pcretailmag.com/news/29939/Otellini-MID-revolution-will-be-centred-round-Linux

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| If I ask you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be?

| to go with that.
`----

http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat-at-Microsoft/2008-1012_3-6232458.html?tag=ne.fd.mnbc

Acer bets big on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Acer has stated that it will be pushing Linux aggressively on its laptops and
| netbooks.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2218172/acer-pushes-linux-hard

Microsoft sees slide in profits