Re: NT file usage is more complicated than on UNIX

Verily I say unto thee, that Kelsey Bjarnason spake thusly:

> Maybe it does have undo/redo, but that's not a file operation.  Why
> would it need three failed open, an overwrite and four more
> open/close sequences to do a simple open/write/close operation?

I could understand the failed "open" attempts if it were trying to
execute a file by trying various paths, but this is a data file, and
surely Notepad has already been told where it's being saved, so why
would it be searching paths for that?

As for four open/write/close ops; would one of those be something to do
with a fork for the metadata in the ADS (Alternate Data Stream)?

Anyway, who cares? The only thing about Windows that isn't a mystery, is
the fact that it's a bloated; inefficient; horribly broken mess. Do we
really need to know any more than that?

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 22:49:55 up 19 days,  6:32,  5 users,  load average: 0.16, 0.18, 0.18