[News] MAFIAA Fights ISPs; Google Fight Privacy

Why iiNet will probably lose the piracy lawsuit

,----[ Quote ]
| iiNet chief Michael Malone has said that iiNet can't just disconnect
| someone's phone line because the movie industry makes an allegation that a
| user is pirating.
|
| And, the ISP industry argues, it is protected by "safe harbour" provisions of
| the copyright act — ISPs are merely common carriers of traffic and the fight
| is between copyright holders and users.
`----

http://apcmag.com/why_iinet_will_probably_lose_the_piracy_lawsuit.htm

The author uses propaganda language.

How Google Plans to Take Over TV

,----[ Quote ]
| The service is clearly aimed at a different kind of television advertiser. In
| addition to a simplified user interface, TV Ads includes instructions on how
| to visit Google's marketplace and find someone who can help make an advert.
| Indeed, Desai says, the plan is to draw in advertisers who don't normally put
| ads on TV and, as a complement, bring ad dollars to networks that don't
| normally have broad recognition.
`----

http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/editors/22202/

Recent:

French Recording Industry Sues SourceForge For Hosting Open Source P2P

,----[ Quote ]
| It would appear that Société civile des Producteurs de Phonogrammes en France
| (SPPF), a group that represents French record labels, is now trying to sue a
| bunch of non-French file sharing applications, as well as SourceForge.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20081114/1457012833.shtml

Network Civilization: Peer-to-Peer and the Rise of Green Capitalism

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://freeknowledge.eu/events/lecture_P2P_Social_Production_Michel_Bauwens