[News] Backtrack Linux Runs From USB Drive

Backtrack Linux on a Thumbdrive: Can Security Testing Get Any Easier?

,----[ Quote ]
| I have dealt with a lot of Linux distros since I first learned the power of
| my newfound penguin friend. He was free unlike a Microsoft or Apple product,
| had thousands of available programs (also free), and looked damn classy while
| he was in control of my computer.
`----

http://tuxgeek.me/2008/11/backtrack-linux-on-a-thumbdrive-can-security-testing-get-any-easier/

"The government is not trying to destroy Microsoft, it’s simply seeking to
compel Microsoft to obey the law. It’s quite revealing that Mr. Gates equates
the two."
                                --Government official

Recent:

BackTrack4 choose Ubuntu!

,----[ Quote ]
| I talked with Mati Aharoni about new release now in developement, and him say
| to me that has taken the decision to abandon slackware for choose Ubuntu in
| next BackTrack version (4).
`----

http://en.emanuele-gentili.com/index.php/2008/08/18/backtrack4-choose-ubuntu/
http://tinyurl.com/67a7pv

Related:

Review: BackTrack 2 security live CD

,----[ Quote ]
| BackTrack is a live CD Linux distribution that focuses on
| penetration testing. A merger of two older security-related
| distros -- Whax and Auditor Security Collection -- BackTrack
| bundles more than 300 security tools.
`----

http://enterprise.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/04/13/1410234&from=rss

Hacking tools: A new version of BackTrack helps ethical hackers

`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/securityadviser/archives/2008/06/hacking_tools_a.html