Re: EeePC Return Rate is Similar for Windows and Linux

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 22:56:03 -0600, Terry Porter wrote:

> I'm finding I'm borrowing my Wifes Acer Aspire One Linux Netbook more
> and more to do outside computer stuff, as it's *really* user friendly,
> Acer were smart with this unit.

I have to completely disagree with you here. I also have an Acer Aspire
One netbook. First, I find Acer's choice in SD chipsets disappointing.
Second, I ended up replacing the wireles card with an intel card. To call
this a Linux laptop is, IMO, deceptive. They should have tested the unit
against a vanilla kernel which I doubt they did.

I would certainly not recommend this laptop to anyone.