[News] Majority of Free Software Developers Reject Monopolyware

Developers Praise Open Source Support, Innovation and Freedom, and Reveal
Preferences for PCs over Macs at ApacheCon US 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| A survey of attendees at this year's ApacheCon, the official user conference
| of The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), has revealed some interesting trends
| and thoughts from open source developers.
|
| The survey, conducted amongst the 400 attendees at the event, examined a
| range of topics such as their preferred web browser, their preferred office
| software, views on open source and what they think about themselves.
|
| [...]
|
| Developers were also asked which web browser they use. Almost three quarters
| (73%) revealed they preferred to use Mozilla Firefox. Almost a fifth (16%)
| use Microsoft Internet Explorer, and just over a tenth (11%) preferred to use
| Apple's Safari. 4% use Opera's web browser, and 3% stated that they regularly
| use newcomer Google Chrome.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Developers-Praise-Open-Source-Support/story.aspx?guid=%7BCE9C9505-F65F-4969-8DCD-96EC16C552B1%7D

Recent:

October 2008 Web Server Survey

,----[ Quote ]
| Apache once again shows the largest growth, gaining 463 thousand sites this
| month.
`----

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2008/10/29/october_2008_web_server_survey.html

September 2008 Web Server Survey