Re: [News] Microsoft Investors Sad as Microsoft is Entering Debt

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 01:45:18 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

<snip>

> http://www.techflash.com/microsoft/
Reflections_of_a_Microsoft_shareholder34617209.html

> Microsoft May Sell Debt in First-Ever Bond Offering (Update1)
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Microsoft Corp. may sell debt in what would be the world’s largest
> software | maker’s inaugural bond offering.
> `----
<snip>

begin{quote}
Microsoft became the first company in a decade to receive the top rating
from Standard & Poor’s in September when it decided to raise funds. The
bond proceeds would go toward general corporate purposes, including stock
buybacks, acquisitions, capital expenditures and working capital.

The company has $4 billion remaining in its debt authorization after
selling $2 billion in commercial paper last quarter. The software maker
had $20.7 billion in cash and short- term investments as of Sept. 30.
end{quote}

Dang! where did that 40 Billion $ in cash go ??

Seems Microsoft has burnt off 20 Billion $ in cash the last decade.

Not bad for a company the Wintrolls tell us is doing selling more Windows
OSes than ever before ?

Hmm, maybe the Wintrolls are being less than honest again ?

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008