[News] Linux Smartphones Multi-touch Capable

Blogger says G1 multitouch capable

,----[ Quote ]
| From the very beginning, Android has planned to support multitouch. The G1's
| touch screen is a ClearPad, created by Synaptics—a founding member of the
| Open Handset Alliance. Synaptics provides the touch interface driver for
| Android, and will at some time offer "advanced multi-touch gestures for the
| Android platform." Over at the RyeBlog, blogger RyeBrye has tapped into the
| unit's multitouch capabilities.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2008/11/18/blogger-android-capable-of-multi-touch

Recent:

Google's Android mobile platform ported to BeagleBoard

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux-based Android mobile platform, which was developed by Google for
| smartphone handsets, has been ported to TI's Beagle Board. This port reflects
| the versatility of Android and demonstrates that it can be used viably on
| alternative hardware.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2008/11/19/googles-android-mobile-platform-ported-to-beagleboard

G1 Hack Watch: Garage Door Opener

,----[ Quote ]
| Looking for yet another cool use for your G1? How about as a garage door
| opener? The Android Guys wrote about this particularly clever G1 hack over in
| their weblog.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2008/11/17/g1-hack-watch-garage-door-opener

PhoneFusion previews visual voicemail for Android

,----[ Quote ]
| The software will be available through the Android Marketplace at the end of
| Q4 2008 and, from what I can tell from the write-ups will likely require a
| service agreement with PhoneFusion.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2008/11/14/phonefusion-previews-visual-voicemail-for-android

Jailbreak Makes Android a Little More Open

,----[ Quote ]
| Of course, the Google Android Market isn't devoid of limitations. As the
| Developer Distribution Agreement notes: "You agree that you will not engage
| in any activity with the Market, including the development or distribution of
| Products, that interferes with, disrupts, damages, or accesses in an
| unauthorized manner the devices, servers, networks, or other properties or
| services of any third party including, but not limited to, Android Users,
| Google or any mobile network operator."

Open source in consumer electronics: What, why and how

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.dspdesignline.com/howto/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=IDKIHA0C%20WLEMAQSNDLPCKHSCJUNN2JVN?articleID=211200823