[News] Mozilla Firefox Gets Many New Features

20+ Firefox Plugins to Enhance Your YouTube Experience

,----[ Quote ]
| There is no arguing that YouTube is the most popular video sharing site out
| there, but that isn’t to say that there aren’t things about it that annoy
| users.  With that said, there are a wide array of plugins for Firefox to make
| the YouTube user experience that much better.  Here are over 20 that will let
| you save your favorite videos before they disappear, stop them from
| autoplaying when you come to a page, and more.
`----

http://mashable.com/2008/11/18/firefox-youtube-plugins/

FashionYourFirefox: Mozilla's (Partial) Effort to Push Extensions

,----[ Quote ]
| In an effort to coax more users to take advantage of the many extensions for
| its Firefox browser, Mozilla has just launched FashionYourFirefox.com. The
| site is divided up into categories, which cater to individual interests
| and "online lifestyles," according to Mozilla's announcement. The site looks
| like a good idea for extension novices, but I don't see some of my favorite
| extensions, and some of the categories have a pretty sparse number of
| extensions.
`----

http://ostatic.com/177027-blog/fashionyourfirefox-mozillas-partial-effort-to-push-extensions

Here be dragons!

,----[ Quote ]
| I was just meandering along to my trusty old about:config settings in Firefox
| 3 when I was confronted with a **”Here be dragons” message…
`----

http://seogadget.co.uk/here-be-dragons/

Firefox 3.1 Adds Tab Tearing

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla Links reports that the latest development release of Firefox 3.1
| includes a new feature called tab tearing. As you can see from the video
| above, tab tearing allows you to pull any tab out of your Firefox window into
| a completely new window or pull any tab into another window. This
| functionality will look familiar to any Google Chrome users, but when Firefox
| 3.1 drops, Firefox users will be enjoying the same handy feature.
`----

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/tips/2008/11/18/firefox_31_adds_tab_tearing.html

Firefox 3.1 gets tab tearing

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/11/firefox-31-gets-tab-tearing/

Tab tearing live in latest Firefox test build

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10098552-2.html

Recent:

Firefox Turns Four!

,----[ Quote ]
| Four years ago today, Mozilla announced the release of Firefox 1.0. and
| delivered a better Web experience to millions of users.   Top features
| included pop-up blocking, fraud protection, integrated search and tabbed
| browsing. What made you decide to give Firefox a try?  And what were your
| favorite features in Firefox 1.0?  2.0?  3.0?  If you’re interested in what’s
| coming next for Firefox, you can download and help test Firefox 3.1 beta 1.
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2008/11/09/firefox-turns-four/

Kiss Firefox EULA goodbye

,----[ Quote ]
| When Mozilla requested Ubuntu to show Firefox’s End User License Agreement on
| Firefox first start, the Ubuntu and other free software advocacy communities
| cried foul, because for some reason, stating the obvious (that Mozilla is not
| liable for whatever happens to your computer and that the software is free)
| is not in tune with the open source spirit.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/11/kiss-firefox-eula-goodbye/

The View From Firefox's Bleeding Edge

,----[ Quote ]
| Why do all this? For one, it gives me an idea of what the quality of the
| nightly builds are like for a given project, when such builds are available.
| Firefox's nightlies are remarkably solid -- not one of them has burped on me
| in the course of even remarkably heavy use, although I don't use the
| nightlies for things like accessing my bank account.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/11/the_view_from_f.html

Firefox 3.1 beta 1 released and reviewed

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has released Firefox 3.1 Beta 1, the first official development
| release of the next update to Firefox 3 just about four months after its
| release past June.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/10/firefox-31-beta-1-released-and-reviewed/

Browser Review: Mozilla Firefox 3

,----[ Quote ]
| By some estimates, more than 1.4 billion people use the Internet for work,
| entertainment, or commerce. All of those web surfers must use a browser to
| visit websites or shop at online stores, and if browsing speed, security, and
| functionality matter, those users should be cruising the information super
| highway with the Mozilla Firefox 3 web browser.
|
| [...]
|
| Recommendation: Firefox is the Best Browser Available Today
|
| Firefox is fast, safe, and offers better functionality than the competition
| thanks to an impressive collection of add-ons and some cool built-ins. The
| browser is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems, and it is
| free to everyone. Certainly there are tradeoffs, but compared to
| compatibility problems and graphics support issues in IE6 and IE7, Chrome’s
| spying, and Opera’s propensity to crash, Firefox is the best.
`----

http://www.practicalecommerce.com/articles/843-Browser-Review-Mozilla-Firefox-3

Overhauled tabbed browsing for Firefox 3.1

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox 3.1 may well be remembered as the “tab release”, as tabbed browsing
| will be the most noticeable updated area users will face when it comes out in
| final form.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/09/overhauled-tabbed-browsing-for-firefox-31/

Finer session restore for Firefox 3.1

,----[ Quote ]
| Back from a totally offline, sweet 7-day cruise with great times at Aruba,
| Curaçao, Sint Maarten, and Saint Thomas. Aruba and Curaçao: overrated. Sint
| Maarten: the winner hands down. If you can, jump on one now!
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/10/finer-session-restore-for-firefox-31/

Mozilla: Firefox is faster than Chrome

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla answered claims that Google's Chrome browser outperforms Firefox with
| benchmark results of its own that showed the upcoming Firefox 3.1 is faster
| at executing JavaScript.
|
| According to tests run by Brendan Eich, Mozilla's chief technology officer
| and the creator of JavaScript, Firefox's new TraceMonkey interpreter is up to
| 28 percent faster than V8, the name Google gave to the interpreter used by
| Chrome.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1499123917&rid=-50

Firefox 3.1 Alpha 2 reviewed