Re: Parasite from Redmond avoids paying taxes

Mark Kent wrote:
Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

Mark Kent wrote:
____/ Richard Rasker on Sunday 16 November 2008 22:09 : \____

Here I am, with my little business, dumping some 30% of my modest annual
profits into the great big pot "for the common good". I have no real
problems with that -- I find that good health care, education, old-age
benefits etcetera quite make up for it, although I hate the idea that a
part of that money is used to build more roads and demolish what little
nature we have left here. Ah well, you can't have it all.

One would expect Microsoft to pay a nice tax sum as well -- after all,
they're making billions, and Microsod and the BSA are always blabbering
about how using Microsoft crap^H^H^H^Hsoftware and fighting piracy is "good
for the economy" etcetera. AND Bill Gates is blabbering about all the
charity that Microsoft does, push^H^H^H^Hgiving away free software "worth
billions" ...

Turns out that these parasitic bastards use a tax avoidance scam by
funneling all their profits through Ireland, in effect paying only €460.000
in taxes over annual UK profits exceeding € 1.2 billion, in effect paying
only 0,04% in taxes.

http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2008/05/04/microsoft-tax-avoider/

It's sickening. In my opinion, every self-respecting (and tax-paying!)
business should be making plans to abandon the products of these greedy
bloodsuckers, who just take money and give nothing back.

Richard Rasker
Richard,

In case you are curious, I've accumulated many more examples and analysis
under:

http://boycottnovell.com/2008/10/22/microsoft-influence-ireland-uk/
http://boycottnovell.com/2008/04/30/microsoft-number-one-lobbyist/
http://boycottnovell.com/2008/04/27/iowa-tax-microsoft-collusion/
http://boycottnovell.com/2007/12/23/microsoft-dirty-cashy-secret/

The government has recently stated that it will be chasing companies
avoiding paying tax.  I wonder if they'll be chasing Microsoft?

I assume that you're referring to the UK govt. Nothing they can do about it in this case. MS trading out of Ireland is perfectly legit under EU law.

Yes, I was talking about HMG.  It would also be legit for HMG to look at
alternative suppliers, I suspect.  There are many ways of chasing for
payment due.

In terms of taxes there's nothing they can do about big US multinationals operating out of ireland - well short of leaving the EU and imposing import levies!

In terms of their own procurement a bit more selectivity wouldn't hurt at all.