[News] More Free/Open Source Software Coming Soon

New open source Ingres database coming Nov 18th

,----[ Quote ]
| InternetNews.com has learned that on Tuesday November 18, Ingres will
| announce its new open source database platform. The announcement is the first
| big database focused announcement in nearly two years from Ingres.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2008/11/new-open-source-ingres-databas.html

Sonatype forges ahead with Maven tools

,----[ Quote ]
| Sonatype is moving forward with commercial products augmenting the
| open-source Apache Maven build manager for Java, readying a repository
| manager and a product linking Maven to the Eclipse IDE.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/11/12/Sonatype_forges_ahead_with_Maven_tools_1.html

"There is such an overvaluation of technology stocks that it is absurd. I would
include our stock in that category. It is bad for the long-term worth of the
economy."
                                --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft's CEO

Recent:

Microsoft, Cisco to lose $4.3 Billion as investment banks cut cost

,----[ Quote ]
| The cut in the IT budgets of the revered investment banks like Lehman
| Brothers and Merrill Lynch due to their failure may lead industry giants like
| U.S. based Microsoft and California based Cisco to lose $4.3 billion in
| orders next year. While Cisco earns about three percent to four percent of
| annual revenue from the U.S. financial industry, Microsoft accounted for 22
| percent last year.
`----

http://www.siliconindia.com/shownews/47182

Microsoft will be hurt by financial crisis, RBC analyst says

,----[ Quote ]
| The devastating U.S. financial crisis will hurt software giant Microsoft
| Corp.'s bottom line this holiday season as shoppers tighten their purse
| strings, RBC Capital Markets says.
`----

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/tradingdesk/archive/2008/09/29/microsoft-will-be-hurt-by-financial-crisis-rbc-analyst-says.aspx

Ballmer says Microsoft not immune from global crisis

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080930/bs_nm/us_microsoft_ballmer;_ylt=Au5VO.rh_OuPGHCBr9O.m4K573QA

Microsoft loses 90 Billion Dollars

http://slated.org/microsoft_loses_90_billion_dollars

Microsoft's Market Cap Falls $24B in 17 Days

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is on the list. Today, the stock closed at $25.01 a share, down
| $2.39, or 8.72 percent.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/corporate/microsofts_market_cap_falls_24b_in_two_weeks.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535

Ex-Microsoft boss sentenced

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/371393_msftcourt19.html

Former Microsoft Manager Gets 2 Years In Jail

http://news.portalit.net/fullnews_former-microsoft-manager-gets-2-years-in-jail_1427.html