[News] Fedora 10 and Ubuntu GNu/Linux Both Loved

Fedora 10 Preview Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall I believe that it is a great upgrade over the last Fedora which I had
| on my laptop for all of 5 hours as it was not as great as all the people said
| it was. I will continue to use Ubuntu and I may try out some more distros to
| see how great they are.
`----

http://ryanorser.com/?p=641

5 Reason Why I am Using Ubuntu Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| My first Linux is Redhat 6.2 which given to me by my friend. The CD of Redhat
| Linux make me curious and want to know how to install the Redhat Linux on the
| desktop computer. But, my expectation too high and make me desperate when
| install finish. I just got shell login. No image or anything just blank
| display with username and password to login. Than, I got other Redhat Linux
| CD when buy a book Linux tutorial. The Redhat Linux that I receive belong the
| book is Redhat Linux 9.
|
| Just like before, I installed on desktop computer and get good impression. I
| have new display window manager then I learn about Linux including install
| other distro of Linux also try to set-up the server to serve the windows
| client.
`----

http://simplyeko.com/linux/5-reason-why-i-am-using-ubuntu-linux/

Recent:

Fedora 10 Prepares For Development Freeze

,----[ Quote ]
| The release date for Fedora 10 (codenamed Cambridge) is less than one month
| away and as a result this Red Hat distribution will go into a development
| freeze beginning Tuesday. The Fedora 10 Beta occurred in late September, but
| over the course of the past month there have been three snapshot releases. In
| the third and final snapshot that was released this past week there are new
| improvements to this popular Linux distribution along with a new desktop
| background and better integrated version of Plymouth to greet its users. We
| have also recorded a new video showing the enhanced start-up process via
| kernel-based mode-setting.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=fedora_10_freeze&num=1

Ubuntu 8.10 Release Candidate Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| The release candidate version of the upcoming Ubuntu 8.10 (codename Intrepid
| Ibex), which is scheduled for launch in late October this year, arrived a few
| hours ago and, as usual, we intend to keep you up-to-date with the latest
| changes in the Ubuntu 8.10 development. Compared with the beta release, which
| brought Firefox 3.0.3, PAM authentication framework and a BBC plugin for
| Totem, this version comes with two brand new and useful tools: a System
| Cleaner and a USB Startup Disk Creator.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-8-10-Release-Candidate-Screenshot-Tour-96353.shtml

23,000 Linux PCs forge education revolution in Philippines

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1163450117