[News] New Free/Open Source Conferences Announced

National Free Software Conference

,----[ Quote ]
| A National Conference on FREE SOFTWARE is being held on the 15th & 16th of
| November, 2008 at the campus of Cochin University of Science and Technology,
| Kochi. The 2007 Conference was held in Hyderabad.
`----

http://www.sreejithemk.net/?p=78

OPEN SOURCE TOOLS FOR MACHINE TRANSLATION

,----[ Quote ]
| We invite developers of open source tools to present their work and submit a
| paper of up to 10 pages that (a) describes the underlying methodology and (b)
| instructions how to use the tools. We are looking for stand-alone tools and
| extensions of existing tools, such as the Moses open source systems. Accepted
| papers will be presented during the MT Marathon and published as a special
| issue of the Prague Bulletin of Mathematical Linguistics
| (http://ufal.mff.cuni.cz/pbml
`----

http://playingwithsid.blogspot.com/2008/11/open-source-tools-for-machine.html

Commons Graz

,----[ Quote ]
| It was a brisk, crisp walk to the Schloss Berg in Graz where the last in a
| series of public discussions on the commons was being held. The venue, Dom in
| Berg, a theatre carved out of a mountain (the Schloss Berg itself), actually
| in the mountain, provided an inspired setting for what turned out to be a
| pivotal, necessary and invaluable exchange of ideas and debate.
`----

http://blog.apc.org.au/2008/11/10/commons-graz/

Yesterday:

Day Software bags Swiss Open Source Award 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| Open Source Award 2008 in the business category. In honor of the Swiss Year
| of Informatics, the independent foundation developed this inaugural award to
| support the reputation of free and open software in Switzerland.
`----

http://www.ciol.com/Developer/Open-Source/News-Reports/Day-Software-bags-Swiss-Open-Source-Award-2008/91108112386/0/

Open Source Mobile: OSIM 2009, 11-12 March, San Francisco

,----[ Quote ]
| This year breakout sessions designed for application developers and free
| exhibition passes available to independent developers.
`----

http://robertogaloppini.net/2008/11/08/open-source-mobile-osim-2009-11-12-march-san-francisco/

SoCal Linux Expo Calls for Speakers

,----[ Quote ]