[News] [Rival] Bribing Charity-Killing Intel Assaults 'Little People'

The Morning Wrap

,----[ Quote ]
| DAILY INTEL: The semiconductor giant Intel is aggressively pursuing trademark
| infringement lawsuits, hitting small shops with complaints, The Recorder
| reports. Intel is going after a one-man company, Intellelectric, for alleged
| trademark violation. "Trademark enforcement is not unusual for companies with
| famous marks like Intel. But the number of suits sets the Santa Clara-based
| company apart," according to the Recorder report. This year alone, Intel has
| sued 15 companies like Intellelectric with the word "intel" in their name.
`----

http://legaltimes.typepad.com/blt/2008/11/the-morning-wrap-4.html

"To me, Bill is the great white shark that looks at minnows with no more
consciousness than we look at a plate of food. The shark has no soul. The
shark knows no boundaries. All it has is an appetite. When the shark gets
hungry, it thinks “I’m hungry”, so it eats."

                                --Mitch Kertzman, former CEO of Sybase

Intel has no place on this planet. It needs to be disassembled, along with
Microsoft (just like Enron).

Recent:

Intel asks court for more time with EU charges

,----[ Quote ]
| The Commission issued charges against the world's biggest chipmaker in July,
| alleging that the U.S. company had paid a retailer to refrain from selling
| computers with chips made by competitor Advanced Micro Devices (AMD.N: Quote,
| Profile, Research, Stock Buzz).
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idINLE66027820081014?rpc=44

Related:

Negroponte says Intel should be "ashamed of itself"

,----[ Quote ]
| He is furious that Intel's CEO Craig Barrett called the One Laptop a
| gadget. The Negroponte initiative is caught in the middle of a vicious
| fight between AMD and Intel, he said.

Intel "paid vendors not to use AMD"

,----[ Quote ]
| AMD filed suit in Delaware against Intel in June of 2005, accusing its
| competitor of abusing its monopolistic position. The complaint charges that
| customers were forced not to use AMD processors. At that time the Japanese
| anti-trust body was investigating Intel and the EU Commission also had its
| eye on Intel's behaviour.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/107495/from/rss09

Microsoft dropped Vista hardware spec to raise Intel profits

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/03/01/microsoft_intel_vista_capable_emails/

Microsoft 'Caves' To Intel

http://www.forbes.com/2008/02/28/microsoft-vista-intel-tech-ebiz-cx_wt_0228vista.html?partner=yahootix