[News] GNOME Director Sees Bright Future for Free Software

Sneak preview of my talk next week: "GNOME as the computing platform for the
future"

,----[ Quote ]
| The world is changing and you need free and open source software to keep up.
| You can't afford to develop an application from scratch and you can't build a
| business without participation from everyone. Users want to be creative –
| they want to interact with their applications. Using GNOME as your computing
| platform and development platform gives you want you need to build the
| businesses of the future and gives your customers what they need to live
| fruitful lives.
`----

http://www.stormyscorner.com/2008/11/sneak-preview-of-my-talk-next-week-gnome-as-the-computing-platform-for-the-future.html

Recent:

A Storm In The Computing World: Stormy Peters

,----[ Quote ]
| The entity behind one of the most popular desktop interface, GNOME Foundation
| is doing the right thing at the right time. The foundation has hired Stormy
| Peters as the executive director. We reached out to Stormy and conducted an
| e-mailed interview to understand how is she planning to take the computing
| world by 'storm'. Here is the complete interaction with Stormy.
`----

http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/27615/news.htm

What's Up with the GNOME Linux Desktop?

,----[ Quote ]
| Peters noted that following the release of KDE 4 there was some talk among
| GNOME developers to try and push out GNOME 3. But Peters said the decision
| was made not to try and rush out a major version release number in response
| to competition
|
| "We are looking at GNOME 3.0 not for the short term but for the long term,"
| Peters said. " We're looking at how the Internet has changed and how people
| interact with their computers."
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3782496/Whats+up+with+the+GNOME+Linux+Desktop.htm

Motorola and Google become GNOME sponsors

,----[ Quote ]
| financial contribution of $5,000 or $10,000 depending on the size of the
| company. The current lineup of corporate members includes Canonical, Novell,
| Red Hat, IBM, HP, Intel, Imendio, ACCESS, and several others.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2008/11/03/motorola-and-google-become-gnome-sponsors

Stormy Peters about Marketing GNOME

,----[ Quote ]
| In this interview she talks about reaching consensus on marketing-related
| decisions with a community-driven project such as GNOME, how she plans to
| position GNOME, how to attract more donators, and more.
`----

http://www.initmarketing.tv/node/90

GNOME Foundation adds industry leaders to advisory board

,----[ Quote ]

`----.