[News] Everyone is a Terrorist Now, Even Gary

March of the dustbin Stasi: Half of councils use anti-terror laws to watch
people putting rubbish out on the wrong day

,----[ Quote ]
| More than half of town halls admit using anti-terror laws to spy on families
| suspected of putting their rubbish out on the wrong day.
|
| Their tactics include putting secret cameras in tin cans, on lamp posts and
| even in the homes of 'friendly' residents.
|
| The local authorities admitted that one of their main aims was to catch
| householders who put their bins out early.
`----

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1082225/March-dustbin-Stasi-Half-councils-use-anti-terror-laws-watch-people-putting-rubbish-wrong-day.html?ITO=1490

McKinnon suffers further legal setback in extradition fight

,----[ Quote ]
| McKinnon faces seven charges of hacking into US government and military
| systems during 2001 and 2002. The former sys admin has never contested the
| charges, but argues he was motivated by curiosity about supposed US
| government suppression of knowledge about UFO-harvested technologies and
| contact with aliens rather than anything more malign.
|
| He denies causing widespread damage and has expressed incredulity as the
| suggestion of US prosecutors that he was "the biggest military hacker of all
| time".
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11/07/mckinnon_legal_setback/

Myspace bans McKinnon as latest deadline looms

,----[ Quote ]
| Gary's music video, Only a Fool, had stormed the Myspace video charts,
| reaching number three the last time we checked, not three days after it was
| posted.
|
| His application for a judicial review had sought to prevent his extradition
| on the grounds that it would be cruel to send him, as a sufferer of
| Asperger's Syndrome, to a US jail. The government should secure him the right
| to serve time in a British prison if he was found guilty in a US court, said
| the application.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/11/07/myspace-law-courts-dump

Recent:

Pools in security lather over shampoo

,----[ Quote ]
| "Pool guests who bring these items must allow them to be opened and
| inspected. Security personnel will smell them to see whether they are safe or
| not," a separate report posted on the city's sport bureau's website said
| (www.shsports.gov.cn).
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSPEK18633820080620

Elderly woman prohibiting from photographing empty swimming pool "to prevent
paedophilia"

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/07/25/elderly-woman-prohib.html