[News] Myths & Reasons to Use GNU/Linux, Sticker Guide

Why Use Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| The other day I got into a somewhat heated discussion about why Linux is a
| viable alternative desktop OS. Despite my best efforts, I was unable to move
| the other side past the rhetoric and myths that seem to surround Linux. It is
| because of this discussion that I am writing this…as a way to give accurate
| information. Let’s start by looking at some of the most common myths.
|
| Myth 1: “Linux is hard to install” - This could not be further from the
| truth. Many Linux distributions are as easy, if not easier. to install as
| Windows. Ubuntu, Linux Mint and PCLinuxOS are but three of the most popular.
| The install is nothing more than a few mouse clicks and basic options like
| timezone, language and name. All these are explained well and you need to
| provide the same information when installing ANY operating system.
`----

http://twofourtech.com/2008/09/03/9/

Linux 'vanity plates':

Download Free Linux Sticker Book For Your Laptop/Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| If you are a linux user, the “Made for Windows Xp/Vista” Sticker on your
| Laptop or Desktop maybe of no importance to you. How about if it had a Made
| for Ubuntu or Linux Inside sticker on it? Well, get ready to flaunt your
| hardware with these cool stickers of several Linux distributions and free
| open source.
`----

http://fabworker.com/2008/11/05/download-free-linux-sticker-book-for-your-laptopdesktop/

Recent:

9 Linux Myth Debunked

,----[ Quote ]
| When it comes to Linux there are 3 kinds of people, those who never heard of
| it, those who are afraid of it, and those who hate it and spread falsities
| about it. I don’t really care about the first, they probably aren’t really
| technologically literate anyways, as long as they have E-mail they are
| content. While the second group is the result of the actions of the third.
| Let’s hit two birds with one stone shall we?
|
| 1-Linux is More Secure Because it Has A Smaller User Base
|
| It is widely argued that Linux is more secure than Windows just because
| Windows is more popular, so hackers and virus coders tend to focus on the
| more popular platform. Actually, this is just one side of the story There are
| so many other things running for Linux security-wise that totally dispels
| this myth.
`----

http://hehe2.net/linux-general/9-linux-myth-debunked/

Linux Myth #2 - Linux is more difficult to install than Windows or OS X

,----[ Quote ]
| Before you are three discs - Leopard (OS X), Hardy Heron (Ubuntu 2008.4) and
| Windows XP each respectively in front of a whitebox desktop. For those not in
| the know, a “whitebox” computer is a clone, or generic computer; not a name
| brand model like Dell or HP. They are the systems you get a computer shows,
| have built by a local Mom and Pop shop, or build yourself. The task is to
| install each operating system onto each computer respectively. My point is to
| debunk the myth that Linux is harder to install than Windows or OS X. This is
| going to be a bit tough, because it presupposes a person who is going to
| perform the install already has some experience installing operating systems.
| Contrary to the first myth, that “Linux is not for the general user because
| it is too difficult for the general user to install;” we are now moving
| beyond the general user to a more technical person.
`----

http://www.thelinuxlink.net/myblog/?p=97

Top 10 Linux FUD Patterns, Part 5

,----[ Quote ]