[News] GNU/Linux Promoted in Arabic Nations

Opennet invites reseller partners to MENA leg of Red Hat Virtualisation tour

,----[ Quote ]
| Opennet Middle East & Africa (MEA), the master distributor and authorised
| certified training centre of Red Hat Linux products for GCC, Jordan, Lebanon,
| Egypt, Algeria, Morocco, and Tunisia, announced the Middle East and North
| Africa leg of Red Hat's Virtualisation tour.
`----

http://www.ameinfo.com/174309.html

Open season for open source software in region

,----[ Quote ]
| Also, it must be noted that as Linux adoption in the region is low - and the
| same can be said for the number of skilled technicians - the value in terms
| of trained staff and the opportunity to garner extra revenue from knowledge
| transfer is high.
|
| This also means that systems integrators can develop continued revenue from
| service contracts as it seems only the very largest enterprises are likely to
| invest in training their own staff on Linux.
`----

http://www.technologyreview.com/web/21642/

Recent:

Ubuntu Arabic Team

,----[ Quote ]
| We have been working on Ubuntu Arabic silently to merge all of the scattered
| Ubuntu related efforts in Arabia to establish one solid good team and I guess
| we just did it and we just reached phase zero. (Yes, we were working in minus
| degree).
|
| First, we merged with ubuntu-alarabi.net and now waiting to hear from
| arabuntu.org, we are so excited and we want to put all possible efforts on
| this team.
`----

http://syntux.net/blog/2008/08/21/ubuntu-arabic-team/

Related:

Microsoft continues to ignore the Muslim world

,----[ Quote ]
| Some of the Microsoft comments have just been leaked out of the ECMA
| fortress. Microsoft continues to ignore the Muslim world, and they don't want
| to correct its WORKDAY function in order to 'do not break backward
| compatibility': "Weekend days (Saturday and Sunday) are not considered as
| working days."
|
| [...]
|
| Microsoft/ECMA rolls over cultural diversity. Does someone wants to call Al
| Jazeera?
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-29635/microsoft-continues-to-ignore-the-muslim-world

Welcome to UbuntuME!