[News] [Rival] Google Takes Away Many Microsoft Office Customers

Google plays safety card against Microsoft Office

,----[ Quote ]
| He claimed Google Apps are posing a challenge to Microsoft, with 3,000 new
| business customers each day. He was careful to draw the distinction with
| consumer users of its services. "Our friends up in Redmond like to dismiss
| the impact Google Apps is having. I hope he [sic] believes it. The numbers
| speak for themselves - the numbers are unbelievable," Gigourard said.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11/04/google_security_certification/

Recent:

Google Spreadsheets gets software-inspired face lift

,----[ Quote ]
| a simplified toolbar to the top of the page, much like the one Google Docs
| received back in late March. The change is twofold: one to better organize
| all the various bits and pieces that had turned the tool into something
| resembling an airplane cockpit, as well as ready it for additional features.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10058796-2.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

P&G Flirts with Google Apps and Scares the Bejesus Out of Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://advice.cio.com/thomas_wailgum/p_g_flirts_with_google_apps_and_scares_the_bejesus_out_of_microsoft

| work to do."
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/151568/ballmer_still_searching_for_an_answer_to_google.html

Microsoft earnings post-mortem: The cash cows quiver

,----[ Quote ]
| I can’t help but wonder if the lackluster Windows/Office results also can be
| attributed to Microsoft brass’s complete and crazy obsession with Google (and
| taking over Yahoo) has resulted in no one minding the Windows store. Kevin
| Johnson, the head of Microsoft’s Platforms & Services division seems to be so
| laser-focused on the online-ad business these days that he almost seems to
| have forgotten Microsoft is still in the software business, too.
|
| Microsoft execs’ claims about walking away from the Yahoo deal are nothing
| more than bluster. A protracted hostile takeover bid is just going to
| distract not just employees in Microsoft’s online services business, but
| company management, too. It’s not a pretty picture.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1362

Google Apps tops 1 million businesses

,----[ Quote ]