[News] Imaginary Property Goes "Poof!"

Your Business Method Patent Has Just Been Invalidated

,----[ Quote ]
| This ruling raises a ton of questions like that across literally thousands of
| patents. And it is a good thing too because business-method patents tend to
| be overly broad and abused.
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/10/30/your-business-model-patent-has-just-been-invalidated/

Goodbye to Most Business Method & Software Patents?

http://techliberation.com/2008/10/30/goodbye-to-most-business-method-software-patents/

Of Patents and Property

,----[ Quote ]
| As long-suffering readers of this blog will have noticed, one of my favourite
| hobby-horses is that the whole idea of "intellectual property” is a trick,
| designed to plug into the warm and fuzzy feeling most people have about the
| idea of property, and aiming to cover up the fact that what we are really
| dealing with here are intellectual monopolies – of which few people are fans.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?blogid=14&entryid=1460

Software and business method patents may still be valid

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=3058

`----