[News] More Positive Experiences with the Latest Ubuntu GNU/Linux

Three years of Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| I started using Ubuntu three years ago this January. Recounting that fact, I
| was actually a bit astonished. It doesn’t seem like its been so long. A lot
| of life can go by in three years, and its interesting to note that Ubuntu has
| been a faithful companion for what has now been a decent chunk of my living.
|
| [...]
|
| To conclude this short jaunt, I’d simply like to say that I enjoy the changes
| in 8.10. Ubuntu seems to always move in the right direction, and this
| iteration was no different. For any Windows users, I highly recommend the
| Ubuntu OS as an absolutely free alternative to Windows on your next computer
| purchase.
`----

http://www.mirthkit.com/?p=160

Upgraded to Ubuntu 8.10, thumbs up

,----[ Quote ]
| I've also just discovered Pidgin has tons of plugins including a Skype and
| Facebook one. The skype one only works if skype is also running and the
| facebook one does odd things to your contact list. For example if you have
| requests to be a friend it will throw up a alert for each one for you to
| accept or deny. This is painful when you  Its a nice idea but very buggy in
| practice.
`----

http://www.cubicgarden.com/blojsom/blog/cubicgarden/technology/computing/2008/11/03/Upgraded-to-Ubuntu-8-10-thumbs-up.html

Ubuntu 8.10

,----[ Quote ]
| There’s a reason Ubuntu is the most known Linux distribution today: on
| average it’s easiest, and it just works. I have to add “on average” here,
| since the installation isn’t always painless. I also tried to install it on
| another PC with an Intel video card, which failed. It’s a known issue, and
| there are workarounds, but it’s annoying nonetheless. There are other
| annoyances, like the infamous bug that closes the CD tray as soon as it’s
| opened (push the button again, and it’ll stay open).
`----

http://celettu.wordpress.com/2008/11/02/ubuntu-810/

Recent:

Ubuntu 8.10 is here. And it rocks!

,----[ Quote ]
| I downloaded Ubuntu 8.10 "Interbid Ibex" today and i am currently using it as
| a Live-CD. Everything seems to be working perfectly until now, so i will
| install it tomorrow and suggest it to all my friends & colleagues if no
| serious problem arises.
`----

http://yatsite.blogspot.com/2008/10/ubuntu-810-is-here-and-it-rocks.html

1 day with Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

,----[ Quote ]
| At the end of the day I can say that Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex is really rock
| solid and it’s absolutely easy to use also if you’re a newbie I’m going to
| suggest the upgrade to all my family’s PCs/notebooks.
`----

http://fabrizioballiano.net/2008/11/01/1-day-with-ubuntu-810-intrepid-ibex/

Photos: Ubuntu 'Intrepid Ibex' boldly goes forth

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux developers Canonical have released their latest version of Ubuntu
| (8.10), Intrepid Ibex, into the wild. This screenshot gallery gives you a
| look at the new distribution and all the free goodies inside.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Photos-Ubuntu-Intrepid-Ibix-boldly-goes-forth/0,130061733,339292927,00.htm

Ubuntu 8.10: What’s New?

,----[ Quote ]
| Another six months, another Ubuntu release. This time around the table we
| have the Intrepid Ibex; 8.10. Not quite a ground-breaking release, but rather
| the framework for one. Why do I say that? Because there isn’t much new
| immediately visible to the user. Let’s take a look.
`----

http://fosswire.com/2008/10/28/ubuntu-810-new/

Horny for Ubuntu 8.10: first look at Intrepid Ibex

,----[ Quote ]
| The first alpha release of Ubuntu 8.10, codenamed Intrepid Ibex, was made
| available on Saturday. This preliminary Intrepid prerelease includes updated
| packages, a new version of the Linux kernel, and an experimental new visual
| style.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080629-horny-for-ubuntu-8-10-first-look-at-intrepid-ibex.html

Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex" Alpha 1

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the first things to notice about Ubuntu 8.10 Alpha 1 is its new theme.
| Originally, Ubuntu 8.04 was supposed to introduce a (much-anticipated) new
| default theme for Ubuntu, but that was pushed back into Intrepid Ibex. The
| theme in Alpha 1 is much different from any previous version of Ubuntu (see
| The Visual History of Ubuntu). There is much browner and the current design
| is a complete overhaul with nearly everything being different aside from the
| background. However, we are only at Alpha 1 and there is still much more work
| left with fine-tuning this theme before it's settled in October.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_810_alpha1&num=1

Ubuntu Linux 8.10

,----[ Quote ]