[News] Libre Software Drupal Powers the Web

Building Online Success With Drupal

,----[ Quote ]
| Times have changed. Open source, or community-based, software is now readily
| available. Achieve Internet is an expert in building Web sites using Drupal,
| Huber said, referring to an open source product developed by a Belgian
| considered to be a superstar in software.
|
| "There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of sites built on Drupal,"
| Huber said.

Drupal wins 2008 Best PHP Open Source CMS from Packt Publishing

,----[ Quote ]
| For the third year in a row, Drupal has been nominated for a Packt Publishing
| Open Source CMS award. Packt Publishing is announcing winners all week. Today
| they announced the 2008 best PHP open source CMS.
`----

http://drupal.org/2008-best-php-open-source-cms-award-packtpub

Drupal 6.5 and 5.11 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Drupal 6.5 and Drupal 5.11, maintenance releases fixing problems reported
| using the bug tracking system, as well as critical security vulnerabilities,
| are now available for download.
`----

http://drupal.org/drupal-6.5

Open-source Drupal turns pro

,----[ Quote ]
| The standard Drupal core already has decent management, but several Acquia
| network modules, installed during setup, take administration a few steps
| further. These enable your Acquia Drupal installation to communicate securely
| with the Acquia Network and exchange configuration, operation, and profile
| information.
|
| A big part of what you're paying for with Acquia Drupal is support; the
| portal offers a simple way to log support incidents and track your tickets.
| During my testing, Acquia did meet the specified response deadline — and
| resolved my questions satisfactorily.
`----

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/news/0AA6687FABA84484CC2574E7007C3ECA

Acquia Expands Technical Team

,----[ Quote ]
| Acquia, a new software company offering commercial support for the Drupal
| social publishing system, today announced the addition of five new
| individuals to its technical team. With these new additions, Acquia, which
| was launched at Drupalcon in March, marks a 50-percent growth in company
| personnel.

Acquia to Ship Commercially Supported Drupal Build

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/web-cms/acquia-to-ship-commercially-supported-drupal-build-002587.php