Re: Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Tattoo Vampire on Saturday  :
High Plains Thumper wrote:

Perhaps it is time to start
comp.os.linux.advocacy.moderated group?  Your thoughts?

I think you're right. Assholes like Queeg and Splat make it
miserable for the real users here.

I'm in favour. Let's do this. :-)

We could have as the charter,

[proposed quote]
1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy.moderated

   The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy.moderated is:

For discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other operating systems.

That single sentence is the one and only charter of the newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy.moderated. The newsgroup's charter is for the newsgroup as a place for supporters of Linux to gather to discuss Linux, for the betterment of the Linux community and the promotion and development of Linux. It supports this as a place for those who would like to learn more about Linux to come to learn from those who know Linux.
[/proposed quote]

No longer would have have to have statements such as (continued from COLA FAQ):

"It does not call for it to be a place where the anti-Linux propagandists to gather in order to discredit Linux."

Because the trolls would be moderated out.

In the new COLA FAQ, we could eliminate the troll tactics section in its entirety. Complete "2.3 Conduct Acceptable in COLA (moderated)" section. Expand the Linux help and benefits section.

--
HPT
Quando omni flunkus moritati