Re: [News] Another Win for Linux in the Restaurant

  this bit o' wisdom:

>> Wasn't McDonald's on SCO systems?
>
> Yes, it was. I read that somewhere as well. It seems to have upgraded.
>
> McDonald's pilots Linux-based electronic signage

   http://www.sco.com/5reasons/

   Case Study: McDonald's

   "The everyday business of a McDonald's restaurant requires a stable
   operating system that can give round-the-clock performance," said John
   Doty, Director of US Information Technology for McDonald's Corporation's
   Store Systems. "We are very pleased with the performance of SCO UNIX.
   SCO's platform has provided us with a very stable and reliable system.
   SCO UNIX has been a dependable platform for thousands of McDonald's
   restaurants over the past 10 years and we're looking forward to migrating
   our restaurants to the current version."

Then again:

   http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.sco.misc/browse_thread/thread/1cb64d91b3ead3fa

    Jun 11 2004, 7:26 am