[News] [SOT} Bribing Charity-killing Intel Snubs the EU Regulators

Intel misses EU antitrust case deadline

,----[ Quote ]
| The EUCC, Europe’s main antitrust body, has charged Intel with trying to
| damage rival AMD’s chip sales on the continent by giving unfair discounts to
| retailers if they sell Intel products.
|
| The excuse is all a bit “the-dog-ate-my-homework”, but Intel Spinner Chuck
| Mulloy argued his firm was just trying to come up with more evidence to give
| the Commission for the proceeding.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/10/28/intel-misses-eu-antitrust-case

Related:

AMD alleges Intel suffering an e-mail epidemic

| McCoy said that the case in Delaware which is sending everyone into the
| deepest of snoozes was "bogged down" because of Intel's "epidemic failure" in
| its ability to produce emails.

Intel's anti-trust memos started vanishing from the top

,----[ Quote ]
| Chairman Craig Barrett, CEO Paul Otellini and sales chief Sean Maloney
| have appeared on a list of Intel employees thought to have deleted
| e-mails possibly relevant to AMD's anti-trust lawsuit against its
| larger rival. The missing e-mails have thrust a livid state of mind
| onto AMD's lawyers who have very serious problems with Intel's
| rather lax document retention policy.
|
| [...]
|
| CEO Otellini appears to have been one of these troublesome employees.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/03/11/intel_tortellini_episode/

U.S. judge orders Intel to try to recover e-mails

,----[ Quote ]
| Farnan gave Intel 30 days to recover as many of the missing e-mails
| as possible and to draw up a report on the steps it is taking to do
| so, Mulloy said.
`----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20070307:MTFH90775_2007-03-07_18-56-16_N06406049&type=comktNews&rpc=44
http://tinyurl.com/2fbanr

AMD: Intel Destroyed Evidence in Antitrust Case

,----[ Quote ]