[News] KDE4 Gets Mom's Approval, Killer Applications Listed

Mom-compatible Kubuntu Intrepid with KDE4

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall a nice demonstration of how Mom-compatible both Kubuntu and KDE4
| already are, enabling a computer newbie to use her computer without
| those "horrible beeps" and restarts she experienced before. She doesn't miss
| Windows at all and say that it's far more beautiful and not more difficult
| now than before :-)
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/819-Mom-compatible-Kubuntu-Intrepid-with-KDE4.html

KDE and the apps that keep the dragon hot

,----[ Quote ]
| All of these apps have become killer apps for me. If i need to work on a
| different platform, all of them are sorely missed. A lot of people like to
| say that Linux will always lag behind, always play catch up, and open source
| projects discourage innovation. The entire KDE 4 project goes in the face of
| this sentiment. There is more innovation in any one of these 5 apps than
| there are in most multi-million dollar closed application suites. The time of
| open source clones left with single colored title bars, it's time for the big
| corporates to start cloning the open source projects.
`----

http://bushweed.blogspot.com/2008/10/kde-and-apps-that-keep-dragon-hot.html

Amarok October Updates

,----[ Quote ]
| Amarok 2 is really gearing up to become a great piece of software. We are all
| are frantically trying to find any time we can steal from our busy schedules
| of work, study, and good-times to put some of that extra special attention to
| detail and polish on the application.
`----

http://www.sebruiz.net/348

Recent:

Quick Look at KDE 4.2-SVN

,----[ Quote ]
| As the work on KDE 4.2 turns out to be on quite an advanced stage, I’ve
| decided to test the current development version.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/quick-look-at-kde-42-svn/

KDE 4.1.2 Release Announcement

,----[ Quote ]