[News] Ubuntu 8.10 Released in 3 Days

Ubuntu® 8.10 Server Edition delivers significant new features to innovative
user base

http://www.ubuntu.com/news/ubuntu-8.10-server

Updated Ubuntu Linux for desktops launching this week

http://www.nytimes.com/external/idg/2008/10/27/27idg-Updated-Ubuntu.html

New versions of Ubuntu Linux for desktops, servers to launch Thursday

,----[ Quote ]
| Starting Thursday, Ubuntu Linux will make the latest version of its separate
| desktop and server operating systems available for free download.
|
| The updated Version 8.10 desktop operating system will add a host of
| usability features for users, including improved 3G wireless support for
| easier detection and connection to wireless networks.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=mobile_and_wireless&articleId=9118058&taxonomyId=15&intsrc=kc_top
http://tinyurl.com/5fl5r4

Ubuntu 8.10 desktop, server to ship Oct 30

,----[ Quote ]
| Trick or treat? Treat. Canonical’s latest desktop and server editions of its
| popular Ubuntu Linux distribution, formerly code named Intrepid Ibex, will be
| available on October 30.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=3025

Ubuntu goes more mobile with 8.10 release

,----[ Quote ]
| The gradual and metered improvement with the Ubuntu variant of Linux created
| and supported by commercial Linux distributor Canonical takes another step
| forward this week with the release of "Intrepid Ibex", which will be
| distributed as Ubuntu 8.10.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/27/ubuntu_intrepid_ibex/

Recent:

Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex - Review & Tutorial

`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/ubuntu-8-10-review.html