[News] Visual Tours of Fedora 10 and Ubuntu 8.10

Fedora 10 Prepares For Development Freeze

,----[ Quote ]
| The release date for Fedora 10 (codenamed Cambridge) is less than one month
| away and as a result this Red Hat distribution will go into a development
| freeze beginning Tuesday. The Fedora 10 Beta occurred in late September, but
| over the course of the past month there have been three snapshot releases. In
| the third and final snapshot that was released this past week there are new
| improvements to this popular Linux distribution along with a new desktop
| background and better integrated version of Plymouth to greet its users. We
| have also recorded a new video showing the enhanced start-up process via
| kernel-based mode-setting.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=fedora_10_freeze&num=1

Ubuntu 8.10 Release Candidate Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| The release candidate version of the upcoming Ubuntu 8.10 (codename Intrepid
| Ibex), which is scheduled for launch in late October this year, arrived a few
| hours ago and, as usual, we intend to keep you up-to-date with the latest
| changes in the Ubuntu 8.10 development. Compared with the beta release, which
| brought Firefox 3.0.3, PAM authentication framework and a BBC plugin for
| Totem, this version comes with two brand new and useful tools: a System
| Cleaner and a USB Startup Disk Creator.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-8-10-Release-Candidate-Screenshot-Tour-96353.shtml

Related:

23,000 Linux PCs forge education revolution in Philippines

,----[ Quote ]
| Providing high school students with PCs is seen as a first step to preparing
| them for a technology-literate future, but in the Philippines many schools
| cannot afford to provide computing facilities so after a successful
| deployment of 13,000 Fedora Linux systems from a government grant, plans are
| underway to roll out another 10,000 based on Ubuntu.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1163450117

Khadi Board visits the GNU/Linux installfest at Technopark today ..

,----[ Quote ]
| We at the installfest were
| lucky enough to have that heady feeling that accompanies a picture of
| FOSS working its magic and people benefitting from it. Today we had a visit
| from Khadi board.
|
| Khadi board has been using Fedora and Ubuntu to run their office for quiet
| sometime now.
`----

http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm/browse_thread/thread/1e4119a1b175383d

Omega 10 Desktop Linux