Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 25th of October, 2008.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 25th of October, 2008.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 07:40:44 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.30

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2008.

This report covers 767 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     337 1339799     3%
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>            69   68072    58%
   3. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               40   65863    74%
   4. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@spammerskissmyarse   33   23372    76%
   5. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    26   16617    64%
   6. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      20   30724    73%
   7. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        19   28240    58%
      High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   19   39798    53%
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>   19   43129    38%
  10. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           17   20729    59%
  11. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            16   57682    62%
  12. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         13   23824    21%
      SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                       13   20125    79%
  14. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      12   11569    77%
  15. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx   11   13222    11%
  16. COLA Loon's Nick-list Keeper <i.m.nonnymous@gma   10    9033    53%
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       10   13580    68%
  18. Kelsey Bjarnason <kelseyb@xxxxxxxxx>               8   16285    32%
  19. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                6    3795    32%
      RonB <ronb02noSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                      6    3017    63%
      Robin T Cox <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                    6   10885    48%
  22. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                  5    7831    81%
      LusoTec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                        5   13080    55%
      Erik Jan <Erik@xxxxxxxxx>                          5    7435    49%
  25. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                               4    2609    58%
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>               4   13659    27%
  27. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                   3    4226    51%
      Norman Peelman <npeelman@xxxxxxxxxx>               3    7321    66%
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           3    2191    46%
      alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                        3    1885    49%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. 10 reasons why should one use linux                      97  121175
   2. [News] Desktop GNU/Linux a Better Mac Than Mac OS        40   72050
   3. [News] OpenOffice.org 3.0 Already on Millions of P       24   31866
   4. OpenOffice.org 3.0 Already on Millions of PCs            22   45924
   5. Terry is back                                            17   41722
   6. pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right!                16   19568
   7. Microsoft launch Anti Piracy Day                         15   53362
   8. Apple's prospects in the recession                       11   22598
      Toys R' Us Selling GNU/Linux PCs, Advertising Them       11   11897
      Upgrade to Windows 7 now!!!!                             11    9849
  11. The Loon is getting frustrated                           10    6653
      So where's all the Linux viruses?                        10   18141
      [News] Arduino Board: Hardware Takes Lesson from F       10   19363
  14. More Patent Threats from Microsoft                        9   18035
  15. [News] [Rival] Microsoft Blasted and Sued in China        8    9482
      Mac, Linux, BSD open for attack!                          8    6527
  17. [OT] Linux based VPN                                      7    7358
      Outright jealousy?                                        7   10894
  19. Ballmer: Microsoft Unlikely To Top Vista's 'Succes        6    8055
      Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 18th of Octobe        6   14494
  21. I question the reliability of Windows Server 2008         5    3232
      [News] Anti-ODF Former IDC 'Analyst' Smears Linux         5   11872
      Linux based VPN                                           5    5396
      [News] Microsoft "Improves" Apache                        5    8256
      [News][Rival] China hacked off at Microsoft anti-p        5   11971
  26. A whole new class of PC  made possible by Linux           4    4610
      [News] McCreevy and Cronies Try to Choke Innovatio        4    7589
      XP on desktops again?                                     4    3656
      Google and Obama                                          4    3838
      [News] Why Flash is Evil: Spyware to the Max              4    6680
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           33
   2. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     30
   3. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          12
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  12
   5. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     11
      SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                      11
   7. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           10
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              10
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        10
  10. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                      9
  11. Erik Jan <Erik@xxxxxxxxx>                                         8
  12. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                         7
      7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        7
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           7
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      7
  16. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    6
  17. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                               4
      RonB <ronb02noSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                     4
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                              4
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       4
  21. Bob Tennent <BobT@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  3
      LusoTec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                       3
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                              3
  24. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                 2
      Tony Sivori <TonySivori@xxxxxxxxx>                                2
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          2
      COLA Loon's Nick-list Keeper <i.m.nonnymous@xxxxxxxxx>            2
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          2
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                               2
      ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                         2
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    151
   2. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        71
   3. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        70
   4. Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           69
   5. Kelsey Bjarnason <kelseyb@xxxxxxxxx>                             68
   6. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  67
   7. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              64
      Robin T Cox <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                  64
   9. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   63
      7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       63
      High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          63
      COLA Loon's Nick-list Keeper <i.m.nonnymous@xxxxxxxxx>           63
  13. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          62
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     62
  15. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           61
  16. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     59
      RonB <ronb02noSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                    59
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      59
  19. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     56
  20. SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                      53
  21. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              42
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           406
   2. slrn                                                            119
   3. Pan                                                              82
   4. Thunderbird                                                      78
   5. G2/1.0                                                           52
   6. Forte Agent                                                      24
   7. tin                                                               3
   8. Gnus                                                              1
      MT-NewsWatcher                                                    1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 07:40:23 up 14 days, 16:36,  3 users,  load average: 0.42, 0.10, 0.03