[News] Ubuntu 8.10 Reaches Release Candidate

Ubuntu 8.10 Release Candidate Is Out

,----[ Quote ]
| With the final release of Ubuntu 8.10 (the Intrepid Ibex) coming out next
| Thursday, it's time for the one and only release candidate in the 8.10
| series. Canonical's Steve Langasek has announced the 8.10 release candidates
| this afternoon for the Ubuntu Desktop, Ubuntu Server, Kubuntu, Xubuntu,
| Ubuntu Studio, and Mythbuntu editions.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjgwNw

Everything You Wanted To know About Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Foundations, with an initial fund of $10 million dollars was created
| in 2005 by Canonical to help continue Ubuntu development in the future if
| Canonical cease to exist.
`----

http://www.linuxhaxor.net/2008/10/23/everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-ubuntu-intrepid-ibex/

Recent:

Ubuntu 8.10 'Intrepid Ibex' Beta Screenshots Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu is definitely the most popular Linux distribution, also occupying the
| top position at page hits on Distrowatch.com for almost 4 years now.
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2008/10/ubuntu-810-intrepid-ibex-beta.html

Cool Ubuntu Screenshots

,----[ Quote ]
| I was browsing over Ubuntu Forums yesterday and came across a cool thread
| filled with uploaded screenshots users have taken of their desktops.  You’ll
| find this thread here, but please note that you need to login if you wish to
| see all the uploads in the thread.  Below is a small selection of some of my
| favorites.
`----

http://davestechsupport.com/blog/2008/10/12/cool-ubuntu-screenshots/

First look: latest Fedora and Ubuntu betas really shine

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20081006-first-look-latest-fedora-and-ubuntu-betas-really-shine.html