[News] Where Linux Pioneers, Sun and Cisco Follow

Sun, Cisco Vets Join Linux-Based Networking Play

,----[ Quote ]
| Founded in 2004 and formerly known as Arastra, Arista shipped its first
| product releases in late 2007. The core of its lineup is its 7100 platform,
| which is a 10 Gigabit Ethernet switching platform that has a Linux-based
| operating system at its core, dubbed Arista EOS.
|
| The goal with EOS is to create a highly scalable platform that is
| specifically tailored for the needs of cloud computing in the datacenter,
| Karam said. EOS is based on a Red Hat Fedora Linux core that Arista said has
| been modified and hardened.
|
| Karam noted that Arista has no formal business relationship with Red Hat or
| with its Fedora Linux community -- rather, Arista is just using Fedora under
| the terms of its open source license.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/infra/article.php/3780271/Sun+Cisco+Vets+Join+LinuxBased+Networking+Play.htm

Recent:

NYSE Euronext banks on Red Hat

,----[ Quote ]
| If anyone out there persists in believing that Linux isn't ready for serious
| prime time, NYSE Euronext's dependence on Red Hat should finally lay that
| silly notion to rest. As announced, the New York Stock Exchange Euronext
| dumped its proprietary UNIX heritage (AIX, HP UX, Solaris) for the freedom,
| flexibility, and performance of Linux.
`----

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9942680-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

Smack, crack, hack and track any network with Linux (not Windows)

,----[ Quote ]
| The very technology underpinning the Internet – TCP/IP – came to life in the
| world of UNIX. It's no surprise that the best network "auditing" (ie
| snooping!) tools are to be found on Linux, and not that Johnny-come-lately,
| Windows. Here is the reason why Windows is crippled by comparison.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/20993/1141/

Software pros settle scores the tech way

,----[ Quote ]
| Some companies develop their own software on open source platforms like
| Linux,” says Ashwin, a network security and electronic data forensic
| professional.
`----

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/LiveITUP/Software_pros_settle_scores_the_tech_way/articleshow/2736381.cms

Related:

Will Enterprise Open Source Scale the Walled Gardens of the Cellular Network
Providers?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/400928_p.htm